Sibelius: Symphonies Nos. 3 & 7 London Symphony Orchestra & Sir Colin Davis
- Jean Sibelius (1865 - 1957): Symphony No. 3 in C Major, Op. 52:
- 1I. Allegro moderato11:26
- 2II. Andantino con moto, quasi allegretto11:05
- 3III. Moderato - Allegro ma non tanto08:26
- Symphony No. 7 in C Major, Op. 105:
- 4I. Adagio - Vivacissimo - Allegro - Moderato - Vivace - Presto - Adagio22:26
Info zu Sibelius: Symphonies Nos. 3 & 7
With his third symphony Sibelius began a process of innovation that was to culminate in his seventh and final symphony. He discarded the conventional structure of a symphony and into each work condensed a unique aura that evokes beauty, mystery, colour and light together with his love of his Finnish homeland.
"one of the finest performances of Sibelius's Seventh ever to have gone down on disc" (Classic FM Magazine)
"Mature wisdom and beautiful playing from the LSO" (The Times)
London Symphony Orchestra
Sir Colin Davis, conductor
Keine Biografie vorhanden.
Dieses Album enthält kein Booklet