Gulda - Prokofiev - Poulenc Giraud Ensemble Chamber Orchestra
- Friedrich Gulda (1930 - 2000): Concerto for Myself:
- 1Concerto for Myself: I. The New in View (...then Old is New)12:28
- 2Concerto for Myself: II. Lament for U (Aria con variazioni)11:10
- 3Concerto for Myself: III. Of Me (Free Cadenza)04:37
- 4Concerto for Myself: IV. For U and U/and You and You, All of Me/For All of You07:59
- Sergei Prokofiev (1891 - 1953): Symphony No. 1 in D Major, Op. 25, "Classical":
- 5Symphony No. 1 in D Major, Op. 25, "Classical": I. Allegro04:23
- 6Symphony No. 1 in D Major, Op. 25, "Classical": II. Larghetto04:10
- 7Symphony No. 1 in D Major, Op. 25, "Classical": III. Gavotta. Non troppo allegro01:33
- 8Symphony No. 1 in D Major, Op. 25, "Classical": IV. Finale. Molto vivace04:09
- Francis Poulenc (1899 - 1963): Concerto for 2 Pianos and Orchestra in D Minor, FP 61:
- 9Concerto for 2 Pianos and Orchestra in D Minor, FP 61: I. Allegro ma non troppo08:03
- 10Concerto for 2 Pianos and Orchestra in D Minor, FP 61: II. Larghetto05:17
- 11Concerto for 2 Pianos and Orchestra in D Minor, FP 61: III. Finale. Allegro molto06:07
Info zu Gulda - Prokofiev - Poulenc
The Giraud Ensemble Chamber Orchestra was founded in 2015 and has since performed in various formations: from the quintet to the forty-member chamber orchestra. The young ensemble cultivates a diverse repertoire ranging from the Baroque to the Modern, always placing great importance on making less known musical works heard. In 2017, the Giraud Ensemble Chamber Orchestra released Primus with works by Shostakovich, Vasks and Baum. It has been under the direction of internationally active and award-winning conductor Sergey Simakov since its foundation. Mischa Cheung studied with Prof. Konstantin Scherbakov at the Zurich University of the Arts and has taken up a busy career bringing him to many concert stages and festivals throughout the world. He is a member of the Gershwin Piano Quartet, a highly praised ensemble which performs spectacular arrangements on four pianos and released its newest album Transatlantiques with Sony Classical in 2018. He is a popular soloist at the Symphonic Game Concerts produced by the Merregnon Studios and has appeared with the London Symphony Orchestra, the Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra and the Netherlands Philharmonic Orchestra.
Mischa Cheung, piano
Sergey Simakov, conductor
Giraud Ensemble Chamber Orchestra
The Giraud Ensemble
is a group of professional, classical musicians who loves music and wants to share it with the audience. Their focus is not only to perform unknown or rarely performed works, creating often a synthesis of them , but also to do so at unusual places , giving their performances a touch of extraordinary.
The group is very flexible, hence the musicians do not limit themselves within a certain style or with the size of the ensemble. As a result of this approach they have already played "Pierrot lunaire" by Schoenberg written for 6 musicians and a concerto for piano, trumpet and string orchestra by Shostakovich.
All the musicians are experienced and demand professionals. They are winners of many well-known competitions and had opportunities to play in such a prestigious concert halls like Royal Albert Hall London, Suntory Hall Tokyo, Tchaikovsky Hall Moscow, Konzerthaus Berlin, Philharmonic Hall St.-Petersburg, George Hall Toronto, Carnegie Hall, Tonhalle Zurich etc.
Giraud Ensemble sind 21 professionell ausgebildete klassische Musiker, die Musik lieben und diese Liebe ihrem Publikum vermitteln.
Das Ensemble wurde 2015 gegründet.
Benannt wurde es nach Arthur Giraud, dem Autor des Librettos von Arnold Schönbergs Pierrot Lunaire, dessen Besetzung im Zentrum des Ensembles stand.
Giraud Ensemble schafft einerseits durch ungewöhnliche Konzertorte, andererseits mit selten gehörten oder selten kombinierten Werken intensive Konzerterlebnisse. Heute ist das Giraud Ensemble nach eigenem Bekunden eine Plattform für Kammermusik in verschiedenen Besetzungen.
Alle Musiker sind Preisträger zahlreicher Wettbewerbe und traten bei renommierten Festivals in Konzertsälen, wie der Suntory Hall (Tokio, Japan), Tschaikowski Hall (Moskau, Russland), Konzerthaus Berlin (Deutschland) und der Carnegie Hall (New York, USA) auf.
Dieses Album enthält kein Booklet