Liszt to Milhaud: A Journey with Piano 4 Hands Zeynep Ucbasaran & Sergio Gallo
Label: Divine Art
Interpret: Zeynep Ucbasaran & Sergio Gallo
Komponist: Franz Liszt (1811-1886), Antonin Dvorak (1841-1904), Charles Gounod (1818-1893), Benjamin Godard (1849-1895), Georges Bizet (1838-1875), Darius Milhaud (1892-1974)
Das Album enthält Albumcover Booklet (PDF)
- Franz Liszt (1811 - 1886): 2 Episoden aus Lenau's "Faust", S. 599:
- 12 Episoden aus Lenau's "Faust", S. 599: I. Der nächtliche Zug11:42
- 22 Episoden aus Lenau's "Faust", S. 599: II. Der Tanz in der Dorfschenke10:49
- Antonín Dvořák (1841 - 1904): Slavonic Dances, Op. 46, B. 78 (Excerpts):
- 3Slavonic Dances, Op. 46, B. 78 (Excerpts): No. 1 in C Major04:24
- 4Slavonic Dances, Op. 46, B. 78 (Excerpts): No. 2 in E Minor04:52
- 5Slavonic Dances, Op. 46, B. 78 (Excerpts): No. 8 in G Minor04:12
- Charles Gounod (1818 - 1893):
- 6Faust, CG 4: O nuit d'amour (Excerpts Arr. H. Engelmann for Piano 4 Hands)03:24
- Benjamin Godard (1849 - 1895):
- 7Jocelyn, Op. 100: Berceuse (Arr. for Piano 4 Hands)02:32
- Georges Bizet (1838 - 1875):
- 8Carmen, WD 31: Prélude (Arr. for Piano 4 Hands)01:59
- Charles Gounod:
- 9Faust, CG 4: Ballet Music (Excerpts Arr. W.P. Mero for Piano 4 Hands)03:27
- Darius Milhaud (1892 - 1974):
- 10Le bœuf sur le toit, Op. 58 (Version for Piano 4 Hands)17:15
Info zu Liszt to Milhaud: A Journey with Piano 4 Hands
The Divine Art label has long been associated with music for piano duo whether at two pianos or one through the sterling and brilliant work of Goldstone and Clemmow and more recently Piano-à-Deux. The label is delighted to welcome a new duo with this program which contains several very popular and well-loved miniatures and transcriptions, bookended by major works from Liszt and Milhaud. They need no introduction save to say that from the dances, to the jazz-inflected pieces, each work is a joy to hear.
These are sparkling performances of well known pieces and form a light counterpoint to the artists new 3-piano album of contemporary works. The pianists met when both students at the Franz Liszt Academy in Budapest. Zeynep Ucbarasan is from Turkey but moved to the USA for her postgraduate studies and now lives in California. Her previous recordings and concert appearances have drawn unalloyed praise. Sergio Gallo is a Steinway artist who specialises in music of the Romantic period. He has made several acclaimed recordings for Eroica and is currently recording for Naxos and Quartz. He has won many awards and currently is professor of Piano Performance at the Georgia State University in Atlanta.
Zeynep Ücbasaran, piano
Sergio Gallo, piano
The Turkish pianist Zeynep Üçbasaran was born in Istanbul, where she started her musical studies at the Municipal Conservatory, continuing at the Liszt Academy of Music in Budapest and at the Freiburg Hochschule für Musik. She has advanced graduate degrees in Piano Performance from the University of Southern California. Her career has brought many solo recitals and concerts around the world, in addition to chamber music performances, notably as a member of Trio Troy. Since 1996 she has been living in Santa Barbara, California.
is the winner of concerto competitions of the Sao Paulo Symphony Orchestra and of the University Symphony in Santa Barbara. He has received a grant from the Henry Cowell Incentive Funds at the American Music Center in New York, New York, and has toured North Dakota twice with a Challenge America Fast-Track Grant award from the National Endowment for the Arts.
Sergio Gallo has performed with orchestras throughout the Americas and in Turkey, as well as for Radio France and Radio Cultura. Recently, he has performed in several countries in Asia and Europe, as well as in major cities in the United States and in his home country, Brazil.
Sergio Gallo is a Steinway Artist and records for the Eroica label. His recordings have received high praise from Gramophone Magazine and American Record Guide. He lives in the United States where he teaches at Georgia State University in Atlanta, and at Rocky Ridge Music Academy in Estes Park, Colorado.