Sinfonia in B: Brahms/Swensen Malmö Opera Orchestra & Joseph Swensen
- Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897): Sinfonia in B:
- 1Sinfonia in B: I. Allegro con moto20:48
- 2Sinfonia in B: II. Scherzo. Allegro molto07:09
- 3Sinfonia in B: III. Adagio non troppo09:03
- 4Sinfonia in B: IV. Finale. Allegro molto agitato10:44
- Clara Schumann (1819 - 1896): 3 Romances Op.22:
- 53 Romances Op.22: I. Andante molto02:52
- 63 Romances Op.22: II. Allegretto - Mit zartem Vortage02:41
- 73 Romances Op.22: III. Leidenschaftlich schnell03:57
- Robert Schumann (1810 - 1856):
- 8Intermezzo from ‘F-a-e' Sonata02:18
- Johannes Brahms:
- 9Scherzo from ‘F-a-e' Sonata05:55
Info zu Sinfonia in B: Brahms/Swensen
Sinfonia in B is Joseph Swensen’s orchestration of the little-known original version of Brahms’ B major piano trio. In Swensen’s own words: “Completed in 1854, it is the largest and arguably the most important of Brahms’ published early works, yet it remains nearly unknown to most musicians and music-lovers alike … The original Opus 8 is, for me, intriguing for many reasons. Not only is it a work of extraordinary quality and emotional depth, written by a composer just 21 years of age, but it is a quintessential example of Brahms’ ultra-romantic and forward looking early style.”
This album also explores the young Brahms’ connection with Robert and Clara Schumann, with orchestrations and performances (as a violin soloist) by Swensen of miniature works by both composers – as well as extracts from the ‘F-A-E’ sonata (a joint composition by Brahms, Robert Schumann and Joseph Joachim based on the motto ‘Frei aber einsam’ / ‘free but lonely’ – Joachim’s personal motto).
“Joseph Swensen has deliberately chosen a musical palette full of odd quirks and colours to reflect the fantastical nature of the work and it’s played with terrific verve and polish by the Malmö Opera Orchestra.” (Metro)
"Clear-textured orchestrations by Swensen, whose violin playing is terrific. Intriguing: the Brahms Trio's early version contains the Beethoven quote that Schumann used in his Fantasie in C." (BBC Music Magazine)
Malmö Opera Orchestra
Joseph Swensen, conductor
Keine Alben gefunden.
Keine Biografie vorhanden.
Dieses Album enthält kein Booklet