Cavatine Cameron Crozman & Philip Chiu
Label: ATMA Classique
Subgenre: Chamber Music
Interpret: Cameron Crozman & Philip Chiu
Komponist: Olivier Messiaen (1908–1992), Charles Koechlin (1867–1950), Jean Francaix (1912-1997), Claude Debussy (1862-1918), Francis Poulenc (1899-1963)
Das Album enthält Albumcover Booklet (PDF)
- Francis Poulenc (1899 - 1963): Cello Sonata, FP 143:
- 1Cello Sonata, FP 143: I. Allegro - Tempo di marcia05:53
- 2Cello Sonata, FP 143: II. Cavatine06:53
- 3Cello Sonata, FP 143: III. Ballabile03:25
- 4Cello Sonata, FP 143: IV. Finale06:22
- Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918): Cello Sonata in D Minor, L. 135:
- 5Cello Sonata in D Minor, L. 135: I. Prologue04:22
- 6Cello Sonata in D Minor, L. 135: II. Sérénade03:20
- 7Cello Sonata in D Minor, L. 135: III. Finale03:42
- Charles Koechlin (1867 - 1950): Chansons bretonnes, Op. 115, Vol. 1:
- 8Chansons bretonnes, Op. 115, Vol. 1: No. 1, La prophétie de Gwene'hlan02:25
- 9Chansons bretonnes, Op. 115, Vol. 1: No. 2, Le Seigneur Nann et la fée02:53
- 10Chansons bretonnes, Op. 115, Vol. 1: No. 5, Saint-Efflam et le Roi Arthur00:48
- 11Chansons bretonnes, Op. 115, Vol. 2: No. 5, Iannik skolan01:10
- 12Chansons bretonnes, Op. 115, Vol. 2: No. 4, Notre-Dame du Folgoat02:10
- 13Chansons bretonnes, Op. 115, Vol. 1: No. 3, Le vin des Gaulois00:46
- Jean Françaix (1912 - 1997): Variations de concert (Arr. for Cello & Piano):
- 14Variations de concert (Arr. for Cello & Piano): Var. 1, Risoluto00:37
- 15Variations de concert (Arr. for Cello & Piano): Var. 2, Molto moderato01:07
- 16Variations de concert (Arr. for Cello & Piano): Var. 3, Allegro00:56
- 17Variations de concert (Arr. for Cello & Piano): Var. 4, Allegro commodo00:39
- 18Variations de concert (Arr. for Cello & Piano): Var. 5, Allegro brillante01:01
- 19Variations de concert (Arr. for Cello & Piano): Var. 6, Andante02:13
- 20Variations de concert (Arr. for Cello & Piano): Var. 7, Allegro00:46
- 21Variations de concert (Arr. for Cello & Piano): Var. 8, Lento01:51
- 22Variations de concert (Arr. for Cello & Piano): Var. 9, Dotted Quarter Note = 13201:12
- 23Variations de concert (Arr. for Cello & Piano): Interludio00:16
- 24Variations de concert (Arr. for Cello & Piano): Var. 10, Presto01:11
- Olivier Messiaen (1908 - 1992): Quatuor pour la fin du temps, I/22:
- 25Quatuor pour la fin du temps, I/22: V. Louange à l’éternité de Jésus08:46
Info zu Cavatine
Cavatine, the debut album of cellist Cameron Crozman and pianist Philip Chiu, explores the refined world of French music in the first half of the 20th century. Framed by the great Sonatas of Debussy and Poulenc, the programme includes lesser-known works by Messiaen, Koechlin, and Francaix. Together, they paint a vivid picture of the multitude of styles- from the impressionist to the surrealist- that defined the era. Described as a mature artist with a profound musical imagination, (Toronto Concert Reviews), Cameron Crozman is being hailed as one of Canada s leading young cellists. Maintaining an active performance schedule in North America and Europe, engagements have taken Cameron to such prestigious venues as the Shanghai Oriental Arts Center, Berliner Philharmonie, Paris Philharmonie, and Canada s National Arts Centre. An avid chamber musician, Cameron Crozman is frequently invited to perform with world leading artists and ensembles. Philip Chiu concertizes extensively as one of Canada s most sought-after chamber musicians. Along with pianist Janelle Fund, he forms one of Canada s most exciting piano duos, the Fung-Chiu Duo.
Cameron Crozman, cello
Philip Chiu, piano
Described as a “mature artist with a profound musical imagination,” (Toronto Concert Reviews), Cameron Crozman is being hailed as one of Canada’s leading young cellists. Maintaining an active performance schedule in North America and Europe, engagements have taken Cameron to such prestigious venues as the Shanghai Oriental Arts Center, Berliner Philharmonie, Paris Philharmonie, Philadelphia’s Mann Centre, Montreal’s Maison Symphonique, and Canada’s National Arts Centre. He has performed concerti with the Quebec Symphony Orchestra, Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony, Hamilton Philharmonic, Orchestre des Lauréats du Conservatoire, and Orchestra London under the direction of conductors such as David Rieland, Edwin Outwater, and Fabien Gabel. In 2012, he toured Canada and the United States playing Dvorak Cello Concerto with the National Youth Orchestra of Canada under the direction of Alain Trudel. Current season highlights include performances with I Musici de Montréal, London Sinfonia, and Orchestre du Conservatoire de Paris and Bruno Mantovani.
An avid chamber musician, Cameron is frequently invited to perform with world leading artists and ensembles. He has already performed with the likes of James Ehnes, André Laplante, Huw Watkins, Martin Beaver, Gérard Caussé, James Campbell, and members of the Ébène, New Zealand, and Penderecki String Quartets. He regularly appears at festivals in Canada and Europe including the Ottawa Chamberfest, Toronto Summer Music Festival, Montreal Chamber Music Festival, Helsinki Musica Nova, Beauvais Cello Festival and Birmingham Frontiers Festival. Festival appearances this year include ScotiaFest, Seattle Chamber Music Festival, and Musique et Vin festival at Clos Vougeot in Burgundy. His performances have been broadcast on CBC, Radio France, Radio Classique, and Medici.tv. He will release his debut CD on the ATMA Classique label this January 2019.
Mr. Crozman was one of 6 cellists from around the world chosen to take part in the Gautier Capuçon’s 2016-17 Classe d’Excellence at the Louis Vuitton Foundation. He received his 2e Cycle Supérieur Conférant le Grade de Master (Master’s level) in cello with highest honours from the Conservatoire de Paris in the class of Michel Strauss and Guillaume Paoletti. Cameron also concurrently complete his master’s level in Chamber music in the class of Claire Désert and Ami Flammer. He holds an Artist Diploma in contemporary repertoire and creation. He has played in masterclass for world-leading cellists, including Janos Starker, Anner Bylsma, Lawrence Lesser, Tsuyoshi Tsutsumi, Gary Hoffman, Richard Aaron, and Colin Carr.
Cameron has been selected to participate in various international competitions, and is 2nd prize laureate of both the OSM Standard Life and the Eckhardt-Gramatté Competitions. He was the youngest recipient of the Canada Council Michael Measure's Prize and was one of only 12 cellists chosen to compete at Kronberg Academy's 2014 Grand Prix Emanuel Feuermann.
Deeply committed to innovation in contemporary music, Mr. Crozman has collaborated with composers Kaija Saariaho and Peteris Vasks, and premiered new works by Daniel Alvarado (with the Orchestre des Lauréats du Conservatoire and David Rieland), Frédéric Lebel (at the Institute for Research and Coordination in Acoustics/Music), and Kelly-Marie Murphy (solo cello). He has worked with a number of contemporary music ensembles and institutions including the Ensemble Intercontemporain, the IRCAM, and the Ensemble Court-Circuit. Cameron is particularly engaged in sharing Canadian music with the world, and has given the European premieres of a number of Canadian works.
Cameron is extremely grateful for the support of the Canada Council for the Arts and Sylva Gelber Foundation in his projects.