Provenance Kinnara Ensemble and J.D. Burnett
- Craig Hella Johnson:
- 1Gitanjali Chants05:04
- Orlande de Lassus:
- 2Musica Dei donum optimi05:21
- Johannes Brahms:
- 3Fest- und Gedenksprüche, Op. 109: No. 1, Unsere Väter hofften auf dich02:30
- 4Fest- und Gedenksprüche, Op. 109: No. 2, Wenn ein starker Gewappneter03:15
- 5Fest- und Gedenksprüche, Op. 109: No. 3, Wo ist ein so herrlich Volk06:12
- Francis Poulenc:
- 67 Chansons, FP 81: No. 1, La blanche neige01:51
- 77 Chansons, FP 81: No. 2, A peine défigurée01:55
- 87 Chansons, FP 81: No. 5, Belle et ressemblante02:32
- Morten Lauridsen:
- 9Nocturnes: No. 2, Soneto de la Noche06:54
- Alberto Ginastera:
- 10Hieremiae prophetae lamentationes, Op. 14: No. 1, O vos omnes02:27
- 11Hieremiae prophetae lamentationes, Op. 14: No. 2, Ego vir videns05:19
- 12Hieremiae prophetae lamentationes, Op. 14: No. 3, Recordare domine04:34
- Stephen Paulus:
- 13The Day Is Done06:55
- 14The Old Church04:43
- arr. James Erb:
- 15Shenandoah (Arr. J. Erb for Choir)04:47
- arr. Philip Wilby:
- 16Marianne (Arr. P. Wilby for Choir)03:47
Info zu Provenance
The past two decades have marshaled an advent of numerous new professional choral ensembles in the United States, enriching the artistic environment for choral music lovers and professional singers alike. A product of that new landscape, Kinnara Ensemble has forged a bold path in the busy musical marketplace in New Jersey and the surrounding areas. The ensemble was founded in the fall of 2008 by a handful of Westminster Choir College alumni who sought to continue the musical fulfillment they enjoyed as students. Ten years later, Kinnara Ensemble, now comprising singers from throughout the nation, releases this album commemorating our provenance and shared path of musical and human exploration. Kinnara Ensemble strives to honor the capacious choral tradition – that rich inheritance – with exemplary choral experiences that speak to the modern soul.
J.D. Burnett, direction
enjoys a varied career as a conductor, singer, and teacher. He is Assistant Professor of Music and Associate Director of Choral Activities at the University of Georgia Hugh Hodgson School of Music, where he conducts the Men’s and Women’s Glee Clubs and the Collegium Musicum, and teaches courses in choral literature and conducting.
Formerly, he served as Assistant Director of the Dallas Symphony Chorus, conducted New Jersey Youth Chorus Young Men’s Ensemble, was Associate Conductor of the Masterwork Chorus of New Jersey, and was Acting Director of Choral Activities at Montclair State University. His earlier posts include Interim Director of Choral Activities at San Jose State University, Artistic Director of the New Jersey Chamber Singers, Music Director of the Houston Masterworks Chorus, Founder of Men’s Consort Houston, and member of the choral music faculty at Kingwood High School in suburban Houston. He also served as Choral Editor at McGraw-Hill, Inc.
Burnett did undergraduate study at Stanford University and Oklahoma State University. He holds a Masters Degree in Choral Conducting from Westminster Choir College, where he sang in the Westminster Symphonic Choir and Westminster Kantorei, and served as Assistant Conductor of the renowned Westminster Choir. He holds the Doctor of Musical Arts degree from the University of North Texas, where he conducted the Concert Choir and taught undergraduate conducting.
As a professional choral singer, Burnett has performed seasons, concerts, and recordings with the Stillwater Chamber Singers, Cantare Houston, The Santa Fe Desert Chorale, The Robert Shaw Festival Singers, Fuma Sacra, the Choir of Trinity Church Wall Street, the Oregon Bach Festival Chorus, and Conspirare.