Bob Chilcott: Canticles of Light NFM Choir & Agnieszka Franków- Żelazny
- Bob Chilcott (b. 1955): Canticles of Light:
- 1Chilcott: Canticles of Light: I. Te lucis ante terminum04:19
- 2Chilcott: Canticles of Light: Ii. Christe, qui, splendour et dies06:56
- 3Chilcott: Canticles of Light: Iii. O nata lux de lumine04:42
- Move Him Into the Sun:
- 4Chilcott: Move Him Into the Sun: I. Song of Songs04:55
- 5Chilcott: Move Him Into the Sun: Ii. Spring Offensive04:36
- 6Chilcott: Move Him Into the Sun: Iii. Apologia pro Poemate meo04:01
- 7Chilcott: Move Him Into the Sun: Iv. Futility07:56
- 8Chilcott: Move Him Into the Sun: V. Winter Song04:35
- Cecilia McDowall (b. 1951): Standing as I Do Before God:
- 9McDowall: Standing as I Do Before God06:08
- Francis Pott (b. 1957): Lament:
- 10Pott: Lament04:19
- James MacMillan (b. 1959): A Child's Prayer:
- 11MacMillan: A Child's Prayer04:07
- Bob Chilcott: Sing the Colour of Peace:
- 12Chilcott: Sing the Colour of Peace03:42
Info zu Bob Chilcott: Canticles of Light
Der Übergang von der Dunkelheit zum Licht ist ein Thema, das Künstler, Musiker, Philosophen und Denker im Laufe der Zeit immer wieder beschäftigt hat. Dieses Thema, gepaart mit Gedanken der Erinnerung, der Hoffnung, der Erlösung und der Akzeptanz, ist der rote Faden, der sich durch die Aufnahme mit Chorwerken von Bob Chilcott (*1955) zieht. Der 2006 gegründete National Forum of Music Choir unter Agnieszka Franków-Zelazny hat sich schnell als eine führende Kraft in der polnischen Chormusikszene etabliert und erweist sich als denkbar optimaler Vermittler der Musik Chilcotts.
Instrumentalists of the NFM Wroclaw Philharmonic
Agnieszka Frankow-Zelazny, Dirigent
is one of the most recognized choral conductors in Poland.
She is a Titular Professor of Musical Arts, PhD and an active teacher. She studied voice and conducting at the Academies of Music in Wrocław and Bydgoszcz. She is also a biologist, a graduate of the University of Wrocław and a culture manager with a diploma from the University of Economics in Kraków, as well as MBA studies at the Collegium Humanum at the Central School of Management. She has recorded 22 albums and won over 70 individual and ensemble awards, some of which she received during her studies: 1st prize and two special prizes in the National Competition for Choir Conducting (2004), 1st place in the Lower Silesian Competition Primus Inter Pares (2004). For her artistic and academic activities, she received the Honorary Badge of Merit for Polish Culture (2008), the Wrocław Music Prize (2010), Internauts’ Award in the competition Person of the Year 2011, Award of the Polish Academy of Sciences Iuvenes Wratislaviae (2012), the Bronze Medal for Merit to Polish Culture – Gloria Artis (2014), as well as Fryderyk 2017 and 2019. In 2018, the project Choral Academy, which she programmed, was nominated for the Corypheus of Polish Music Award. In 2018, the project Choral Academy, which she programmed, was nominated for the Corypheus of Polish Music Award.
From 2000–2014, she led the Medici Cantantes the Choir of the Medical University in Wrocław, which she founded. Winning with it the highest prizes in choir competitions in Poland and internationally; she elevated the ensemble to the league of the best university choirs in Poland. From 2006–2021 she was Artistic Director of the National Forum of Music Choir, building it from the very beginning according to her own vision of a “choir of soloists”. She is the originator and Artistic Director of a nationwide educational project established in 2013 under the name of the Polish National Youth Choir.
In January 2015 she was appointed Programme Director of the Choral Academy – a project financed by the Ministry of Culture, National Heritage and Sport. Its main objective is to support the development of nearly 300 Polish children’s and youth choirs financially and substantively, organising workshops, concerts, competitions conferences and publishing numerous methodological and repertoire materials. From 2013–2016 she was Curator of Music for the European Capital of Culture Wrocław 2016, co-implementing an artistic programme consisting of several hundred musical events.