Stravinsky: Le Sacre du Printemps MusicAeterna & Teodor Currentzis
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Igor Stravinsky (1882-1971): Part 1 Adoration of the Earth:
- 1Part One: Adoration of the Earth: Introduction03:28
- 2Part One: Adoration of the Earth: The Augurs of Spring - Dance of the Young Girls02:58
- 3Part One: Adoration of the Earth: Game of Abduction01:09
- 4Part One: Adoration of the Earth: Spring Rounds04:05
- 5Part One: Adoration of the Earth: Games of the Rival Tribes01:51
- 6Part One: Adoration of the Earth: Procession of the Sage00:39
- 7Part One: Adoration of the Earth: The Sage00:25
- 8Part One: Adoration of the Earth: Dance of the Earth01:05
- Part 2 The Sacrifice:
- 9Part Two: The Sacrifice: Introduction04:37
- 10Part Two: The Sacrifice: Mystical Circles of the Young Girls03:42
- 11Part Two: The Sacrifice: Glorification of the Chosen One01:35
- 12Part Two: The Sacrifice: Evocation of the Ancestors00:37
- 13Part Two: The Sacrifice: Ritual Action of the Ancestors03:59
- 14Part Two: The Sacrifice: Sacrificial Dance (The Chosen One)04:35
Info for Stravinsky: Le Sacre du Printemps
Destined to become the ultimate reference recording of Stravinsky's iconic work, Currentzis and MusicAeterna give the music the authentic Russian treatment - stripping back the Western European symphonic traditions of the past century, to return to the intended Russian folk origins of the piece. The musicians used scatting and singing in order to practice the rhythms and phrasing of the folk tunes entailed in Le Sacre.
Le Sacre du Printemps is also a landmark piece in Currentzis' professional career, having had his first success in Russia with the work in 2002 in Moscow.
Since the founding of MusicAeterna, Currentzis and the ensemble have brought their decisive interpretation of 'Le Sacre' to Western European audiences several times. Most notable has been the recent collaboration with Italian director Romeo Castellucci on his re-imagining of the staged work using machines to blast 6 tonnes of bone dust, which, due to production problems was postponed from its scheduled debut in the 2013 Manchester International Festival. The debut of the staged work was eventually made in the 2014 Ruhrtriennale Festival in Germany, using our current recording of the work.
Teodor Currentzis, conductor
No albums found.
No biography found.