Mass Transmission Cappella SF, Ragnar Bohlin, Isabelle Demers & Mason Bates
- Mason Bates (b. 1977): Sirens:
- 1Sirens: No. 1, From "The Odyssey" (Book XII)04:06
- 2Sirens: No. 2, Die Lorelei05:18
- 3Sirens: No. 3, Stelle, vostra mercé l'eccelse sfere02:08
- 4Sirens: No. 4, Sirinu nuqa rikunia05:21
- 5Sirens: No. 5, From "The Book of Matthew"06:48
- 6Sirens: No. 6, From "The Odyssey" (Book XII)04:49
- Mass Transmission:
- 7Mass Transmission: I. The Dutch Telegraph Office10:31
- 8Mass Transmission: II. Java05:52
- 9Mass Transmission: III. Wireless Connections05:59
- Mason Bates:
- 10Rag of Ragnar03:29
Info for Mass Transmission
Named by Musical America as the 2018 Composer of the Year as well as the most-performed composer of his generation, Grammy-winning composer Mason Bates is widely renowned for his pioneering practice of creating music for conventional performing forces enhanced by electronic sounds. Of the two works presented in this remarkable album, Mass Transmission - in its world premiere recording - is a particularly winning example of Bates use of electronica, blended here with music for mixed choir and organ. A contrasting work, Sirens achieves mesmerizing vocal effects through its complex scoring for 12-part a cappella choir. Grammy-winning choirmaster Ragnar Bohlin and his superb chamber choir Cappella SF deliver astonishing performances that will not only thrill Bates growing legions of fans, but serve as an ideal introduction to Bates unique electronics-enhanced music for those unfamiliar with his art.
Ragnar Bohlin, conductor
No albums found.
No biography found.