Richard Strauss, César Franck Violinsonaten Brieuc Vourch & Vincent Guillaume
Label: Farao Classics
Subgenre: Chamber Music
Artist: Brieuc Vourch & Vincent Guillaume
Composer: Richard Strauss (1864–1949), César Franck (1822–1890)
Album including Album cover Booklet (PDF)
- Richard Strauss (1864 - 1949): Sonate für Violine und Klavier Es-Dur, op. 18:
- 1Sonate für Violine und Klavier Es-Dur, op. 18 - Allegro, ma non troppo11:59
- 2Sonate für Violine und Klavier Es-Dur, op. 18 - Improvisation. Andante cantabile08:22
- 3Sonate für Violine und Klavier Es-Dur, op. 18 - Finale. Andante. Allegro08:08
- César Franck (1822 - 1890): Sonate für Klavier und Violine A-Dur
- 4Sonate für Klavier und Violine A-Dur - Allegretto moderato04:46
- 5Sonate für Klavier und Violine A-Dur - Allegro07:45
- 6Sonate für Klavier und Violine A-Dur - Recitativo-Fantasia. Ben Moderato06:58
- 7Sonate für Klavier und Violine A-Dur - Allegretto poco mosso05:16
Info for Richard Strauss, César Franck Violinsonaten
Sonatas by Strauss & Franck – A radical quest for authenticity.
“Guillaume and I worked day and night on both pieces and tried to do justice to every phrase, to give it contour and depth. During this radical quest for authenticity, we went to our utmost limits and beyond to comprehend these scores as profoundly as possible, to extract the composers' substance, in order to penetrate the endless musical universe of Strauss and Franck. This is because we know that we have to make 'a strong statement' amid the ocean of legendary recordings. We believe that we have achieved this and hope our listeners can feel and hear it.” (Brieuc Vourch)
Brieuc Vourch and Guillaume Vincent are kindred spirits whose ensemble playing always displays a natural coherence. With the shimmering intensity of the sound they produce, their effortless virtuosity and, above all, their emotional energy and eloquent facility, these two artists breathe completely new life into César Franck and especially the young Richard Strauss.
"Brieuc Vourch has a tremendous gift: he possesses a unique and patrician musical language and voice which evokes a Golden Era, combined with sterling technique and a brilliant performer's mindset. This recording of Strauss and Franck Sonatas is an important one which will stand the test of time." (David Kim, Concertmaster The Philadelphia Orchestra)
Brieuc Vourch, violin
Guillaume Vincent, piano
Born in Paris in 1995. Studied with Itzhak Perlman, Boris Kuschnir and Daniel Gaede. Participated in the Verbier Festival Academy and the Schleswig-Holstein Musik Festival Academy. Received additional violinistic guidance from Thomas Brandis, Milan Šetena, Frank-Peter Zimmermann and Leonidas Kavakos. Brieuc Vourch lives in Hamburg, Germany.
Born in Annecy, France, in 1991. Began studying at the Paris Conservatory at the age of 13, graduating at 18 with a master's degree in music for piano performance. He has won several prizes (such as the 1st prize at the Clara Schumann Competition) and performs as soloist at venues including the Suntory Hall in Tokyo, the Carnegie Hall in New York and the Barbican Centre in London. Guillaume Vincent lives in Vienna and Paris.