Brahms: Violin Sonatas Nos. 1 - 3 Ida Bieler, James Maddox
- Johannes Brahms (1833-1897): Violin Sonata No. 1 in G Major, Op. 78:
- 1I. Vivace ma non troppo10:54
- 2II. Adagio07:50
- 3III. Allegro molto moderato09:07
- Violin Sonata No. 2 in A Major, Op. 100:
- 4I. Allegro amabile08:34
- 5II. Andante tranquillo - Vivace06:32
- 6III. Allegretto grazioso, quasi Andante05:29
- Violin Sonata No. 2 in D Minor, Op. 108:
- 7I. Allegro08:11
- 8II. Adagio04:42
- Violin Sonata No. 3 in D Minor, Op. 108:
- 9III. Un poco presto e con sentimento03:03
- 10IV. Presto agitato05:55
Info for Brahms: Violin Sonatas Nos. 1 - 3
Brahms' three sonatas for violin and piano are all sophisticated works of artistic maturity. The first two are lyrical in character, draw on prior music, and reveal biographical associations. The last is more dramatic and passionate. Each begins in a way that sets the mood for the entire piece.
Ida Bieler is an award-winning soloist. Accompanied by pianist James Maddox she present Brahms' sonatas with a keen sense for small nuances and moods.
„James Maddox provides a powerful contribution throughout, though the microphone placement seemingly adds to a pronounced left-hand weight. Such balance reservations aside, the sound is generally pleasing.“ Proof that individuality can have its place in Brahms interpretation. (David Denton, TheStrad)
Ida Bieler, violin
James Maddox, piano
No albums found.
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.