Benjamin Bernheim Benjamin Bernheim, PKF – Prague Philharmonia & Emmanuel Villaume
Label: Deutsche Grammophon
Composer: Giuseppe Verdi (1813-1901), Piotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840-1893), Benjamin Louis Paul Godard (1849-1895), Gaetano Donizetti (1797-1848), Hector Berlioz (1803-1869)
Album including Album cover Booklet (PDF)
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Jules Massenet (1842 - 1912): Werther:
- 1"Pourquoi me réveiller, ô souffle du printemps?"03:17
- Gaetano Donizetti (1797 - 1848): L'elisir d'amore:
- 2"Una furtiva lagrima"04:39
- Charles Gounod (1818 - 1893): Roméo et Juliette, CG 9
- 3"L'amour! l'amour! oui, son ardeur a troublé"01:00
- 4"Ah! lève-toi, soleil!"02:57
- Giuseppe Verdi (1813 - 1901): La Traviata
- 5"Lunge da lei"01:45
- 6"De' miei bollenti spiriti"02:11
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840 - 1893): Eugene Onegin, Op. 24, TH 5
- 7Introduction to Lensky's Aria00:30
- 8"Kuda, kuda, kuda vi udalilis"05:53
- Giuseppe Verdi: Rigoletto:
- 9"Ella mi fu rapita!"02:29
- 10"Parmi veder le lagrime"02:40
- Jules Massenet: Manon:
- 11"Instant charmant"00:55
- 12"En fermant les yeux"02:46
- Gaetano Donizetti: Lucia di Lammermoor:
- 13"Tombe degli avi miei"04:11
- 14"Fra poco a me ricovero"03:37
- Charles Gounod: Faust, CG 4:
- 15"Quel trouble inconnu me pénètre?"01:12
- 16"Salut! demeure chaste et pure"04:33
- Giuseppe Verdi: Rigoletto: Luisa Miller:
- 17"Oh! fede negar potessi"01:54
- 18"Quando le sere al placido"03:45
- Benjamin Godard (1849 - 1895): Dante, Op. 111:
- 19"Ah! de tous mes espoirs"00:50
- 20"Tout est fini"02:51
- Hector Berlioz (1803 - 1869): La Damnation de Faust, Op. 24, H 111
- 21"Nature immense, impénétrable et fière"04:33
- Giacomo Puccini (1858 - 1924): La Bohème:
- 22"Che gelida manina"04:49
Info for Benjamin Bernheim
Benjamin Bernheim’s eagerly awaited debut album with Deutsche Grammophon is now available.
Benjamin Bernheim, tenor
Emmanuel Villaume, conductor
French tenor Benjamin Bernheim has been heralded as “…the major French lyric tenor the opera world is longing for ” (Chicago Tribune) with a distinctive voice that is “flawless and pure, ranging from delicate pianissimo to heroic fortissimo as required” (Opera News). His recent seasons have established him as a regular guest artist at Europe’s leading opera houses, including the Opéra national de Paris, Wiener Staatsoper, Staatsoper Berlin, Opéra national de Bordeaux and the Royal Opera House in London where he performs leading tenor roles from the romantic repertoire.
Mr. Bernheim begins his 2019/20 season with the role of Alfredo in a new production of La traviata at the Opéra national de Paris, followed by his highly anticipated role debut as Duca di Mantova in Rigoletto at the Bayerische Staatsoper. He returns to both of these opera houses later in the season to sing the role of Rodolfo in Pucinni’s beloved masterpiece La bohème, and sings the role at the Staatsoper Berlin. At the Wiener Staatsoper, he sings Alfredo in June. Having debuted the role of Des Grieux (Manon) at the Opéra national de Bordeaux to great acclaim in the 2018/19 season, Mr. Bernheim revisits the role at the Opéra national de Paris in the spring. The tenor also performs in concert three times during the season, at Opéra national de Bordeaux, at Opernhaus Zurich and at La Grange au Lac.
Previous highlights include Rodolfo in La bohème at the Opéra national de Paris, Opernhaus Zürich, Royal Opera House (London), and Wiener Staatsoper, Des Grieux in Manon at the Opéra national de Bordeaux, Lensky in Eugene Onegin at Deutsche Oper Berlin, Alfredo in La traviata at the Teatro alla Scala, Royal Opera House (London), Opernhaus Zürich, Semperoper Dresden Deutsche Oper and Staatsoper Berlin, Faust (title role) at the Lyric Opera of Chicago, Théâtre des Champs Elysées, and at the Latvian National Opera, and Nemorino in L’Elisir d’Amore at the Wiener Staatsoper. On the concert stage, recital work forms an important part of his season, as well as Verdi’s Requiem, and Puccini’s Messa di Gloria. In 2018, he signed with Deutsche Grammophon, and his debut album will be released worldwide on November 8th, 2019. An active presence on social media, he can be found on instagram, and facebook @benbernheimtenor.
Benjamin Bernheim studied with Gary Magby at the Lausanne Conservatoire, participated in masterclasses with Giacomo Aragall, and attended Carlo Bergonzi’s Accademia Verdiana in Busseto.