Respighi: The Fountains of Rome & The Pines of Rome (Transferred from the Original Everest Records Master Tapes) London Symphony Orchestra & Sir Malcolm Sargent
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Ottorino Respighi (1879 - 1936): The Fountains of Rome:
- 1I. The Fountain of the Valle Giulia at Dawn04:33
- 2II. The Triton Fountain02:46
- 3III. The Fountain of Trevi at Mid-day03:20
- 4IV. The Fountain of the Villa Medici at Sunset05:11
- The Pines of Rome:
- 5I. The Pines of the Villa Borghese02:41
- 6II. The Pines Near a Catacomb06:15
- 7III. The Pines of the Janiculum07:18
- 8IV. The Pines of the Appian Way04:21
Info for Respighi: The Fountains of Rome & The Pines of Rome (Transferred from the Original Everest Records Master Tapes)
These recordings from 1960 feature Sir Malcolm Sargent (RCA Heifetz Scottish Fantasy) conducting the fabulous London Symphony on these Bert Whyte recordings at Walthamstow Assembly Hall in London - the same hall used extensively by the Decca and Kenneth Wilkinson. The performance is slower and more deliberate in tempo than the RCA Reiner performance yet every bit as powerful. The 35mm sound has a textural richness in the strings that is much more realistic than any other and bass that is woofer busting in its power and detail.
London Symphony Orchestra
Sir Malcolm Sargent, conductor
No biography found.