Inferno e Paradiso Simone Kermes
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Leonardo Vinci (1452 - 1519):
- 1Semiramide riconosciuta, Act III, Scene 4: In braccio a mille furie04:57
- Giovanni Bononcini (1670 - 1747):
- 2San Nicola di Bari: M'incateni e se mi sciogli03:33
- Johann Adolph Hasse (1699 - 1783):
- 3Cajo Fabricio, Act II, Scene 4: Non ha più pace06:48
- Gordon Matthew Sumner (b. 1951):
- 4Fields of Gold04:52
- Tomaso Albinoni (1671 - 1751):
- 5L'Eraclea: Dopo i nembi e le procelle05:04
- Udo Jürgens (1934 - 2014):
- 6Aber bitte mit Sahne04:59
- Antonio Vivaldi (1678 - 1741):
- 7Farnace, RV 711, Act II, Scene 5: Gelido in ogni vena09:54
- Jimmy Page (b. 1944):
- 8Stairway to Heaven06:06
- Stefani Germanotta (b. 1986) & Nadir Khayat (b. 1972):
- 9Poker Face03:56
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750):
- 10Matthäuspassion, BWV 244, Pt. II, No. 39: Erbarme dich, mein Gott06:56
- Antonio Caldara (1670 - 1736):
- 11Maddalena ai piedi di Cristo, Part I: Pompe inutili06:44
- Riccardo Broschi (1698 - 1756):
- 12Idaspe, Act I, Scene 9: Qual guerriero in campo armato09:01
- Johann Adolph Hasse:
- 13Cajo Fabricio, Act II, Scene 11: Se tu non senti, oh Dio07:11
- Georg Friedrich Händel (1685 - 1759):
- 14Il trionfo del tempo e del disinganno, HWV 46a, Part II: Tu del ciel ministro eletto06:16
Info for Inferno e Paradiso
For her new album "Inferno e Paradiso" Simone Kermes sings, among other things, Led Zeppelin's rock classic "Stairway to Heaven" in a baroque version. "I want to prove that this kind of pop has its origin in baroque music".
In addition to classic baroque arias, pieces by Lady Gaga and Udo Jürgens can also be found on the recording. "It is a dream for me that as a classical singer I can finally sing these things."
Simone Kermes, soprano
studied under Professor Helga Forner at the Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy University of Music and Theatre in Leipzig, her home town. She completed her studies and two additional courses of study with distinction. She is the holder of many prizes awarded at international singing competitions.
Opera performances have taken her as Konstanze, the Queen of the Night, Fiordiligi, Donna Anna, Giunia, Rosalinde, Lucia, Gilda, Ann Truelove, Alcina and Laodice, among other roles, to New York, Paris, Lisbon, Copenhagen, Moscow, Beijing and German state opera houses. She has given solo concerts and lieder evenings all over Europe, as well as in the USA, Australia, the Sultanate of Oman, China, Russia, Mexico and Japan.
In addition to many radio and television productions, she has recorded numerous CDs. For her solo albums she has received a number of international awards, such as the annual award of the Deutsche Schallplattenkritik, the Diapason d`Or, Midem Award, Choc Le Monde de la Musique and Gramophone magazine’s Recording of the Month. For her album entitled Colori d`amore she was the winner of the Echo Klassik in the highest category, Female Singer of the Year, in 2011. In 2012 the Munich Abendzeitung awarded Simone Kermes its Star of the Year Award, and in April 2013 she received one of Russia’s highest cultural awards, the Golden Mask, for her performances as Fiordiligi in Mozart’s Così fan tutte at the Tchaikovsky State Academic Theatre in Perm.
Simone Kermes received the Echo Klassik 2014 award for the opera of the year.