Tansman: Complete Works for Solo Guitar, Vol. 2 Andrea De Vitis
- Alexandre Tansman (1897 - 1986): Inventions "Hommage à Bach":
- 1Inventions "Hommage à Bach": No. 1, Passepied01:54
- 2Inventions "Hommage à Bach": No. 2, Sarabande02:29
- 3Inventions "Hommage à Bach": No. 3, Sicilienne02:10
- 4Inventions "Hommage à Bach": No. 4, Toccata à deux voix02:13
- 5Inventions "Hommage à Bach": No. 5, Aria03:01
- Inventions "Hommage à Bach":
- 6Hommage à Chopin: I. Prélude02:21
- 7Hommage à Chopin: II. Nocturne. Moderato02:42
- 8Hommage à Chopin: III. Valse romantique03:12
- Alexandre Tansman:
- 9Ballade "Hommage à Chopin"09:55
- Guitar Suite:
- 10Guitar Suite: I. Notturno romantico02:42
- 11Guitar Suite: II. Alla polacca02:18
- 12Guitar Suite: III. Canzonetta. Lento02:20
- 13Guitar Suite: IV. Invenzione02:14
- 14Guitar Suite: V. Berceuse d'Orient03:48
- 15Guitar Suite: VI. Segovia02:35
- Prélude et interlude:
- 16Prélude et interlude: I. Prélude04:23
- 17Prélude et interlude: II. Interlude01:27
- Alexandre Tansman:
- 18Variations sur un thème de Scriabine09:47
- 19Pièce en forme de Passacaille06:21
- 20Pezzo in modo antico04:57
- 2 Chansons populaires:
- 212 Chansons populaires: No. 1, Andante02:49
- 222 Chansons populaires: No. 2, Alegretto03:31
Info for Tansman: Complete Works for Solo Guitar, Vol. 2
Alexandre Tansman’s guitar music was almost exclusively created as the result of his friendship with the legendary Spanish guitarist Andrés Segovia. The true extent of this catalogue has only recently become apparent, with unknown works emerging from archive sources. Performed after careful research into the original manuscripts, Andrea De Vitis’ programme brings together pieces that reference Tansman’s favourite musicians from history, in particular Bach and Chopin – masterfully intertwining personal affections with sophisticated techniques to create some of the most important guitar repertoire of the 20th century.
Andrea De Vitis, guitar
Andrea De Vitis
is one of those interprets who conquer audience and jury thanks to the high definition sharpness of his way of playing, to the extraordinary control of dynamics and agogic and to the clarity with which he asserts his thought, whilst also translating the thought of the Author. (Il Fronimo, 2016).
Andrea De Vitis (Rome, 1985) established himself as one of the most interesting guitarists of his generation. He graduated with full marks from the Conservatory “Morlacchi” (Perugia, Italy) in the class of Leonardo De Angelis. He continued his studies at “Segovia Guitar Academy” (Pordenone, Italy) with Paolo Pegoraro and Adriano Del Sal; he attended masterclasses with Oscar Ghiglia, Carlo Marchione, Arturo Tallini, Pavel Steidl, Frédéric Zigante among others.
In the last few years he won more than 40 prizes in many international competitions. Among the most important are: first prize at Guitar Masters 2016 in Wroclaw, Certamen Internacional “Julian Arcas” de Almerìa, Forum Gitarre Wien, Iserlohn Guitar Competition, Budapest Guitar Competition, Mercatali Guitar Competition, Kutna Hora Competition, Gargnano International Competition, Mottola International Competition; second prize at Guitar Foundation of America in Denver, “Pittaluga” International Competition in Alessandria (first prize not assigned) and “Frauchi” International Competition in Moscow (first prize not assigned).
As a recognition of his artistic merit, in 2013 he received the “Golden guitar award” for the best up-and-coming guitarist of the year at the 18th International Guitar Convention “Pittaluga” held in Alessandria.
Andrea De Vitis has performed in prestigious concert halls all over the world (Usa, Russia, China, Spain, Austria, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia) and his recitals have been acclaimed by audience and press. He regulary plays with orchestras such as Aukso Kameralna (Poland), Anima Musicae (Hungary), Orchestra classica di Alessandria (Italy), Capella State Orchestra (Russia).
His debut album “Colloquio with Andrés Segovia”, released by DotGuitar web label in March 2015, gained a great success with both critics and audience and it received the “Golden guitar award for the best cd of the year” at the 22th International Guitar Convention Pittaluga.
He is frequently asked to teach masterclasses in prestigious festivals (Conservatorium Maastricht, Poznan Academy, Hochschule fur Musik Stuttgart, Copenhagen Royal Academy of Music, Budapest Guitar Festival, Kutna Hora guitar Festival).
Andrea De Vitis is a D’Addario Artist since 2015.