Ana Sokolović: Sirènes Ensemble contemporain de Montréal (ECM+), Véronique Lacroix & Dáirine Ní Mheadhra
- Ana Sokolović (b. 1968):
- Tanzer Lieder:
- 2Tanzer Lieder: I. Sur une étoile (Version for Voice, Flute, Cello & Piano)03:32
- 3Tanzer Lieder: II. Stimmen (Version for Voice, Flute, Cello & Piano)02:00
- 4Tanzer Lieder: III. Dezember (Version for Voice, Flute, Cello & Piano)03:50
- 5Tanzer Lieder: IV. Wishing Well (Version for Voice, Flute, Cello & Piano)02:12
- 6Tanzer Lieder: V. Last Song (Version for Voice, Flute, Cello & Piano)04:59
- 7Pesma: I. Pesma03:29
- 8Pesma: II. Ughniyya03:12
- 9Pesma: III. Chanson03:11
- 10Pesma: IV. Bironda02:47
- 11Pesma: V. Lagu03:18
- Ana Sokolović:
Info for Ana Sokolović: Sirènes
ATMA Classique presents an evocative musical portrait of Canadian composer Ana Sokolović. This new recording features the Ensemble contemporain de Montréal, soprano Florie Valiquette, mezzo-soprano Krisztina Szabó, and vocal ensemble Queen of Puddings Music Theatre. The human voice is at the heart of Sokolović’s work, so that it is fitting that her vocal works Sirens, Tanzer Lieder and Pesma are featured on this ATMA debut recording. Evta, a concerto for violin and ensemble, is included and features Andréa Tyniec as soloist.
Krisztina Szabó is highly sought after as an artist of supreme musicianship and stagecraft. She has a passion and commitment to the performance of contemporary music, particularly Canadian works, and has worked closely with many prominent Canadian composers.Known for her “exceptional assurance, musicality, and intensity” (La Presse), Andréa Tyniec pursues a career both as a soloist and a collaborator in multidisciplinary productions integrating theatre, dance, cinema, and the visual arts.
“An imaginative and committed soprano with ravishing high notes,” ( La Libre Belgique), Florie Valiquette is a Canadian singer on the rise. In 2015, Florie attracted attention at the Festival d’Aix-en-Provence singing the role of Milica in the new production of Svadba, an opera by Ana Sokolović.
Ensemble contemporain de Montréal (ECM+)
Véronique Lacroix, conductor
Queen of Puddings Music Theatre
Dáirine Ní Mheadhra, conductor
John Hess, vocal coach
Krisztina Szabó, mezzo-soprano
Florie Valiquette, soprano
Andréa Tyniec, violin
No albums found.
No biography found.