Bach: Dialoge Dorothee Oberlinger & Edin Karamazov
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750):
- 1Bach: Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland, BWV 659 (Arr. for Recorder & Lute)03:44
- Concerto in D Minor, BWV 974, after Oboe Concerto, S.Z799 by Alessandro Marcello (Arr. for Recorder & Lute):
- 2Bach: Concerto in D Minor, BWV 974, after Oboe Concerto, S.Z799 by Alessandro Marcello (Arr. for Recorder & Lute): I. Andante03:12
- 3Bach: Concerto in D Minor, BWV 974, after Oboe Concerto, S.Z799 by Alessandro Marcello (Arr. for Recorder & Lute): II. Adagio03:17
- 4Bach: Concerto in D Minor, BWV 974, after Oboe Concerto, S.Z799 by Alessandro Marcello (Arr. for Recorder & Lute): III. Presto03:48
- Recorder Sonata in E Minor, BWV 1034:
- 5Bach: Recorder Sonata in E Minor, BWV 1034: I. Adagio ma non tanto03:09
- 6Bach: Recorder Sonata in E Minor, BWV 1034: II. Allegro02:46
- 7Bach: Recorder Sonata in E Minor, BWV 1034: III. Andante03:13
- 8Bach: Recorder Sonata in E Minor, BWV 1034: IV. Allegro05:03
- Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007:
- 9Bach: Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007: I. Prelude (Arr. for Lute solo)03:16
- Recorder Sonata in E Major, BWV 1035:
- 10Bach: Recorder Sonata in E Major, BWV 1035: I. Adagio ma non tanto02:16
- 11Bach: Recorder Sonata in E Major, BWV 1035: II. Allegro03:14
- 12Bach: Recorder Sonata in E Major, BWV 1035: III. Siciliano03:47
- 13Bach: Recorder Sonata in E Major, BWV 1035: IV. Allegro assai03:12
- Partita in A Minor, BWV 1013:
- 14Bach: Partita in A Minor, BWV 1013: I. Allemande04:44
- Suite in C Minor, BWV 997 (Arr. for Lute & Recorder):
- 15Bach: Suite in C Minor, BWV 997 (Arr. for Lute & Recorder): I. Preludio03:31
- 16Bach: Suite in C Minor, BWV 997 (Arr. for Lute & Recorder): II. Fuga05:25
- 17Bach: Suite in C Minor, BWV 997 (Arr. for Lute & Recorder): III. Sarabande04:00
- 18Bach: Suite in C Minor, BWV 997 (Arr. for Lute & Recorder): IV. Gigue & Double06:35
Info for Bach: Dialoge
Dorothee Oberlinger has chosen a congenial partner with the lutenist Edin Karamazov for her new album with music by Johann Sebastian Bach. Karamazov became world famous and known to a wide audience through his album with the pop singer Sting, and on the new album he can also prove his talent as an arranger. Because for the album he and Oberlinger rewrote works by Bach for recorder and lute.
Dorothee Oberlinger, recorder
Edin Karamazov, lute
is one of the most amazing discoveries of recent years, an expressive virtuoso who has received numerous awards. Today she is seen as one of the best recorder-players in the world. Her concerts have been received with enthusiasm by critics and audiences alike, earning her unanimous acclaim. Her CDs are regularly fêted as the best new issues on the market.
Dorothee Oberlinger has given solo recitals at festivals all over Europe, in America and Japan at some of the most prestigious venues such as the Ludwigsburger Schlossfestspiele, the Musikfestspiele Potsdam, the Settimane Musicale Stresa, the Nederlandse Oude-Musik-Network, the Festival de Musica Antigua Sajazarra, the Warsaw Beethoven Festival, the Europäische Musikfestwoche Passau, the Rheingau-Musikfestival, the Tage der Alten Musik Regensburg and the MDR-Musiksommer. Other venues in which she has played include the Wigmore Hall in London, the National Philharmonie in Warsaw, the Marianischer Saal in Lucerne, the Rosée Theater in Fuji and the Philharmonie in Cologne.
She has been the guest soloist with leading international Baroque ensembles such as London Baroque and Musica Antiqua Köln directed by Reinhard Goebel, and she also plays regularly with modern symphony orchestras such as the WDR-Rundfunk-Sinfonieorchester and the Detmolder Kammerorchester.
Dorothee Oberlinger collaborates with the top Italian ensemble "Sonatori de la Gioiosa Marca", with whom she has given many concerts throughout Europe. Their joint CD of concertos by Antonio Vivaldi has received numerous awards from the international musical press.
She directs her own "Ensemble 1700", which she formed in 2003. Together they have realized a wide variety of projects relating to the music of the 17th and 18th centuries. In 2004 Dorothee Oberlinger was appointed professor at the renowned Mozarteum academy in Salzburg.
Karamazov's thrilling virtuoso performances on the lute and guitar have garnered rave reviews and unprecedented critical acclaim in Europe and America. As a soloist he has performed and recorded with leading international early music ensembles and artists including the Hilliard Ensemble, Hesperion XX, Andreas Scholl as well as Sting. A consummate interpreter and master technician on numerous early and contemporary stringed instruments and outstanding recital artist Edin Karamazov has appeared at Amsterdam Concertgebouw, Wigmore Hall, Berlin Philharmonie, Berlin Konzerthaus, Konzerthaus Vienna, Herkulessaal Munich as well as at festivals such as Schleswig-Holstein, Rheingau, Mosel, Lower Saxony, Istanbul Bach, Espinho, among others.
Edin Karamazov plays several plucked instruments of various cultures and epoches and remains committed to exploring the use of lutes in modern music and contemporary improvisational contexts. In addition to his solo career he enjoys collaborating with singers and instrumentalists as Andreas Scholl, Nuria Rial and Dorothee Oberlinger in different styles and backgrounds.
His discography includes the CDs Come heavy sleep with works by Britten and Bach (alpha records), XXI (Contemporary Music for Solo Lute) (Lumaudis), The Lute is a Song (including arias with Andreas Scholl. Renée Fleming and Sting) (Decca), Songs From the Labyrinth with Sting (Deutsche Grammophon), Wayfaring Stranger – Folksongs as well as A Musical Banquet (Lutesongs) with Andreas Scholl (Decca), Reminiscences for guitar and string quartet, Mosaiques for guitar and violin with Stefan Milenkovich (Lumaudis) as well as Seance for guitar, lute and violoncello with Boris Andrianov (Lumaudis).
Sony Classical releases the album Bach a due with Dorothee Oberlinger in spring 2021, Coviello Classics the programme A Spanish journey with Nuria Rial in December 2020.
Protegé of Sergiu Celibidache, Edin Karamazov began his musical career with the classical guitar and was awarded First Prizes at four guitar competitions. He continued his studies of the Baroque Lute with Hopkinson Smith at the Scola Cantorum Basiliensis.