Label: Coviello Classics
Artist: argovia philharmonic, Douglas Bostock
Composer: Edward Elgar (1857-1934), Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872-1958), Gustav Holst (1874–1934)
Album including Album cover Booklet (PDF)
- Sir Edward Elgar (1857-1934):
- 1Froissart, Op. 1913:23
- Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872-1958): Symphony No. 5 in D Major:
- 2I. Preludio10:45
- 3II. Scherzo04:52
- 4III. Romanza11:27
- 5IV. Passacaglia10:06
- Gustav Holst (1874-1934): Japanese Suite, Op. 33:
- 6Prelude. Song of the Fisherman02:44
- 7Ceremonial Dance01:55
- 8Dance of the Marionette01:55
- 9Interlude. Song of the Fisherman00:49
- 10Dance Under the Cherry Tree03:00
- 11Finale. Dance of the Wolves02:03
Info for British
It took a long time, until there was a British original musical language in the symphonical music. Edward Elgar was then the man who finally created something like the typical British „National tone“. A generation later Ralph Vaughan Williams continued on this way with his symphonies. His contemporary Gustav Holst extended it to apply to the enthusiasm for Far Eastern at that time.
The argovia philharmonic, under the conduction of Douglas Bostock, presents these works on their latest recording.
Douglas Bostock, conductor
No biography found.