Soler: Keyboard Sonatas Nos. 75-86 Soo-Jung Ann
- Antonio Soler (1729 - 1783):
- 1Keyboard Sonata No. 75 in F Major08:45
- 2Keyboard Sonata No. 76 in F Major05:34
- 3Keyboard Sonata No. 77 in F-Sharp Minor09:34
- 4Keyboard Sonata No. 78 in F-Sharp Minor05:20
- 5Keyboard Sonata No. 79 in F-Sharp Major: I. Cantabile08:16
- 6Keyboard Sonata No. 79 in F-Sharp Major: II. Allegro04:34
- 7Keyboard Sonata No. 80 in G Minor06:48
- 8Keyboard Sonata No. 81 in G Minor02:58
- 9Keyboard Sonata No. 82 in G Major05:30
- 10Keyboard Sonata No. 83 in F Major03:34
- 11Keyboard Sonata No. 84 in D Major03:33
- 12Keyboard Sonata No. 85 in F-Sharp Minor06:28
- 13Keyboard Sonata No. 86 in D Major06:52
Info for Soler: Keyboard Sonatas Nos. 75-86
For the last 25 years of his life Antonio Soler occupied the distinguished positions of maestro di capilla and organist at the Escorial palace. He wrote around 150 keyboard sonatas, which remain his best-known achievement, a body of music that reveals the subtle influence of Domenico Scarlatti on the Catalan composer, as well as prevailing Viennese trends. Volume eight of the complete sonatas shows Soler’s cultivation of expressive melancholy in No. 77 in F sharp minor, a virtuosic use of the full range of the keyboard in No. 85 in F sharp minor and characteristically vibrant Spanish motifs in No. 86 in D major.
Soo-Jung Ann, piano
Born 15 September 1987 in Seoul. Received her bachelor's degree from the Korean National University of Art in Seoul. Completed John O'Conor's postgraduate course at the Royal Irish Academy of Music and is currently pursuing her doctoral degree there.
Laureate of Chopin competitions in Asia and Moscow, she won seventh prize in the International Piano Competition in Hamamatsu and third prize in the AXA Dublin International Piano Competition, 2009. Qualified for the second stage of the 15th International Chopin Piano Competition in Warsaw, 2005.
Gives many recitals and appears as a soloist with renowned orchestras across Asia, in Ireland and Poland. Has performed at the Aspen Festival in the United States.