Young Composers Scheme, Vol. 2 NYCGB Fellowship & Ben Parry
- Amy Bryce:
- 1Bryce: A Strange Time and Place06:29
- Nathan James Dearden (b. 1992): Morals + Interludes:
- 2Dearden: Morals + Interludes: I. How Are You?01:59
- 3Dearden: Morals + Interludes: II. Norm01:39
- 4Dearden: Morals + Interludes: III. This Was Mine02:02
- 5Dearden: Morals + Interludes: IV. Stay Away From Clocks00:57
- 6Dearden: Morals + Interludes: V. Without03:24
- Joe Bates:
- 7Bates: Now Is a Long Time05:51
- Lisa Robertson:
- 8Robertson: To Tell It Like It Is04:45
Info for Young Composers Scheme, Vol. 2
Royal Holloway composer, Nathan James Dearden, is featured in the latest album released by NMC Recordings digital label as part of his residency with the National Youth Choirs of Great Britain.
For the culmination of a year-long residency with the National Youth Choirs of Great Britain, alongside three other emerging composers from across the UK, Nathan's new work Morals + Interludes will be released worldwide on the NMC Digital label. The album explores themes ranging from our newly found isolation, how we exist in relation to our 'digital' selves, to a call to listen to scientific facts in the face of the impending climate emergency. The digital release on 15 January 2021 will be available to purchase at www.nmcrec.co.uk, an award-winning label devoted to enriching cultural life by connecting listeners with exceptional contemporary classical music from across the British Isles.
The NYCGB Young Composers Scheme is an annual initiative which identifies and develops four talented composers aged 18-29 who are passionate about creating high quality, imaginative new music for vocal ensembles. Now entering in its third year, the scheme aims to challenge perceptions of, and support the development, innovation and diversity of new choral music. Running over a whole year, it offers a four-phase programme of residential courses, workshops, peer and professional mentoring and performance showcases and outlets.
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.