Jauchzet dem Herrn, alle Lande Ensemble cantissimo & Markus Utz
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Heinrich von Herzogenberg (1843 - 1900): Liturgische Gesänge, Op. 81, No. 1, Zur Adventszeit:
- 1Liturgische Gesänge, Op. 81, No. 1, Zur Adventszeit: No. 1, Freue dich, du Tochter Zion02:14
- 2Liturgische Gesänge, Op. 81, No. 1, Zur Adventszeit: No. 4, Mache dich auf, werde licht02:14
- 3Liturgische Gesänge, Op. 81, No. 1, Zur Adventszeit: No. 5, Meine Seele erhebt den Herrn03:42
- 4Liturgische Gesänge, Op. 81, No. 2, Zur Epiphaniaszeit: No. 1, Jauchzet dem Herrn, alle Lande02:10
- 5Liturgische Gesänge, Op. 81, No. 2, Zur Epiphaniaszeit: No. 2, Ehre sei dem Vater01:30
- 6Liturgische Gesänge, Op. 81, No. 2, Zur Epiphaniaszeit: No. 3, Heilig ist Gott05:13
- 7Liturgische Gesänge, Op. 81, No. 3, Zur Passionszeit: No. 1, Was habe ich dir getan, mein Volk04:00
- 8Liturgische Gesänge, Op. 81, No. 3, Zur Passionszeit: No. 2, Das Lamm, das erwurget ist01:45
- Liturgische Gesänge (Zum Totensonntag), Op. 92:
- 9Liturgische Gesänge (Zum Totensonntag), Op. 92: Selig sind, die da Leid tragen02:44
- 10Liturgische Gesänge (Zum Totensonntag), Op. 92: Herr Gott, du bist unsre Zuflucht02:47
- 11Liturgische Gesänge (Zum Totensonntag), Op. 92: Und ich hörte eine Stimme vom Himmel02:23
- 12Liturgische Gesänge (Zum Totensonntag), Op. 92: Weil du vom Tod erstanden bist02:09
- 13Liturgische Gesänge (Zum Totensonntag), Op. 92: Ich habe Lust abzuscheiden02:17
- 14Liturgische Gesänge (Zum Totensonntag), Op. 92: Siehe, um Trost war mir sehr bange01:44
- 15Liturgische Gesänge (Zum Totensonntag), Op. 92: Zu uns komme dein Reich01:11
- 16Liturgische Gesänge (Zum Totensonntag), Op. 92: Amen01:05
- 4 Motetten, Op. 103:
- 174 Motetten, Op. 103: No. 1, Lobe den Herrn, meine Seele02:05
- 184 Motetten, Op. 103: No. 2, Komm, Heiliger Geist05:59
- 194 Motetten, Op. 103: No. 3, Ist doch der Mensch gar wie Nichts07:29
- 204 Motetten, Op. 103: No. 4, Wohl dem, der den Herren fürchtet07:19
Info for Jauchzet dem Herrn, alle Lande
Following two CDs devoted to Heinrich von Herzogenberg's secular choral music, this latest recording is devoted to the composer's sacred music. Beginning in 1879 Herzogenberg composed a total of five volumes of liturgical settings for the theologian Friedrich Spitta. They are oriented entirely towards practical use in worship services and are organized for various occasions during the church year. The ensemble cantissimo presents a selection from these settings and these are supplemented by their recording of the Four Motets, op. 103.
Markus Utz, direction
is Professor of Conducting and Choral Conducting at the Zürich University of the Arts. From 2001 to 2008 he was closely involved in the church music scene as regional Kantor and Music Director at the Cathedral in Constance. Before this, his studies took him to Munich, Detmold and Stockholm, to Gerhard Weinberger, Anders Eby and Eric Ericson. As well as successes in competitions as an organist, as a conductor he held scholarships from the German Academic Exchange Service and the Scandinavian Bach Academy under Sir Andrew Parrot. In 2003, he was a finalist in the Eric Ericson Award. With his sensitive and subtle, distinctive interpretations and his striving for an exceptionally refined sound, he has come to be regarded as one of the top choral directors in Europe. As well as his professorial duties, he is in great demand as a jury member, course leader and guest conductor of distinguished choirs.
Founded in 1994, ensemble cantissimo is one of the most sought-after vocal ensembles in the German-speaking world. The name speaks for itself: “cantissimo” is synonymous with a cappella singing. And from the very beginning the group’s main interest has been in the incredible range of music beyond the mainstream repertoire. With its distinctive interpretations and exciting choice of programmes, the choir, with singers from Germany and Switzerland, conducted by Markus Utz, has thrilled audiences and critics alike. Regular invitations to leading music festivals and a close collaboration with radio stations reflect the high regard the ensemble’s vocal artistry is held in.