Inspiration Sheku Kanneh-Mason
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Josef Hadar (1926 - 2006):
- 1Evening Of Roses (Arr. Cello, Clarinet & Ensemble)03:00
- Camille Saint-Saëns (1835 - 1921):
- 2Le Carnaval des Animaux, R.125: 13. The Swan (Arr. Cello, Harp & Ensemble)02:34
- 3Song Of The Birds02:54
- Dmitri Shostakovich (1906 - 1975): The Gadfly Suite, Op. 97a:
- 4The Gadfly Suite, Op. 97a: 10. Nocturne05:03
- Dmitri Shostakovich: Cello Concerto No.1 in E Flat Major, Op.107:
- 5Cello Concerto No.1 in E Flat Major, Op.107: 1. Allegretto06:34
- 6Cello Concerto No.1 in E Flat Major, Op.107: 2. Moderato13:02
- 7Cello Concerto No.1 in E Flat Major, Op.107: 3. Cadenza06:51
- 8Cello Concerto No.1 in E Flat Major, Op.107: 4. Allegro con moto04:51
- Jacques Offenbach (1819 - 1880): Harmonies des bois, Op. 76:
- 9Harmonies des bois, Op. 76: 2. Jacqueline’s Tears (Arr. Cello & Orchestra)07:09
- Pablo Casals (1876 - 1973):
- Bob Marley (1945 - 1981):
- 11No Woman, No Cry (Arr. Cello)02:26
- Leonard Cohen (1934 - 2016):
- 12Hallelujah (Arr. Cello & Strings)03:27
Info for Inspiration
One of the brightest young stars in classical music, teenage cellist Sheku Kanneh-Mason, teams up with the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra (CBSO) and Music Director Mirga Gražinytė-Tyla for his debut album.
Recorded in Birmingham and Sheku’s hometown of Nottingham during two CBSO concerts conducted by Gražinytė-Tyla, the album features Shostakovich’s Cello Concerto No.1 – the piece which propelled Sheku to fame as the first black winner of BBC Young Musician in the competition’s 38-year history.
Sheku has been on a whirlwind adventure since winning BBC Young Musician 2016 – performing Leonard Cohen’s ‘Hallelujah’ at the BAFTAs in front of Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, playing at 10 Downing Street as part of the 30th anniversary of Black History Month, and making his BBC Proms debut as a soloist with Chineke! – Europe’s first majority BME (black and minority ethnic) orchestra – with the video of his performance going viral. All this whilst completing his A-Levels, graduating from Trinity School in Nottingham and starting his studies at the Royal Academy of Music in London.
Sheku Kanneh-Mason, cello
City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
Mirga Grazinyte-Tyla, conductor
No albums found.
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.