Trip to America German Brass
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Leonard Bernstein (1918 - 1990): Candide, Act I:
- 1Candide, Act I: Overture (Arr. for Brass Ensemble)04:29
- George Gershwin (1898 - 1937): 3 Preludes:
- 23 Preludes: I. Allegro ben ritmanto e deciso (Arr. for Brass Ensemble)01:37
- 33 Preludes: II. Andante con moto e poco rubato (Arr. for Brass Ensemble)04:20
- 43 Preludes: III. Allegro ben ritmato e deciso (Arr. for Brass Ensemble)01:24
- Porgy and Bess:
- 5Porgy and Bess, Act II: Oh I Can't Sit Down (Arr. for Brass Ensemble)01:47
- 6Porgy and Bess, Act I: Summertime (Arr. for Brass Ensemble)03:24
- 7Porgy and Bess, Act II: It Ain't Necessarily So (Arr. for Brass Ensemble)03:15
- 8Porgy and Bess, Act II: Oh I Can't Sit Down (Arr. for Brass Ensemble)04:03
- 9Porgy and Bess, Act III: There's a Boat Dat's Leavin Soon for New York (Arr. for Brass Ensemble)02:19
- Aaron Copland (1900 - 1990):
- 10Rodeo: Hoe-Down (Arr. for Brass Ensemble)03:21
- Samuel Barber (1910 - 1981):
- 11Adagio for Strings, Op. 11 (Arr. for Brass Ensemble)07:53
- Leonard Bernstein: West Side Story, Act I:
- 12West Side Story, Act I: Prologue (Arr. for Brass Ensemble)02:21
- 13West Side Story, Act I: Maria & Mambo (Arr. for Brass Ensemble)05:52
- Cole Porter (1891 - 1964): Kiss Me, Kate, Act II:
- 14Kiss Me, Kate, Act II: Too Darn Hot (Arr. for Brass Ensemble)02:25
Info for Trip to America
German Brass, the most renowned and award-winning classical brass ensemble in Europe, takes the audience on a musical trip to America and presents works of composers from America such as Leonard Bernstein (Candide Overture), George Gershwin (Porgy and Bess), Aaron Copland ("Hoe-Down"), Samuel Barber (Adagio for Strings) and Cole Porter (Kiss Me, Kate) - newly arranged by and for the members of the ensemble. This mix of classical music and jazz fits perfectly to the sound, which defines German Brass. On it's new album the ensemble virtuously performs the most beautiful pieces from Gershwin's opera Porgy and Bess to the world-famous Adagio for Strings by Barber. German Brass creates the most laid-back and swinging sound as you have never heard from them before.
Those who know German Brass will be aware that they do not limit themselves to classic brass music along the lines of the trumpet fanfare. This is an ensemble which blends great virtuosity and sparkling musicality with more than a dash of wit and charm. Their concerts are pure entertainment, spanning the genres from pop through classics and jazz to film music. The success of this approach can be judged by the four decades of the ensemble’s history. The musicians – ten soloists and college professors – have always succeeded in creating a completely new sound of their own for each of their projects, reinventing and rediscovering it in every concert and on every recording. German Brass does more than produce a sound, it celebrates that sound and makes it an experience for each new audience.
This album contains no booklet.