Songs of the Cello Taeguk Mun
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750): Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007:
- 1Bach, JS: Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007: I. Prelude02:30
- 2Bach, JS: Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007: II. Allemande04:31
- 3Bach, JS: Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007: III. Courante02:56
- 4Bach, JS: Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007: IV. Sarabande03:13
- 5Bach, JS: Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007: V. Menuet I / II03:51
- 6Bach, JS: Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007: VI. Gigue02:06
- Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 - 1827): Cello Sonata No. 3 in A Major, Op. 69:
- 7Beethoven: Cello Sonata No. 3 in A Major, Op. 69: I. Allegro ma non tanto12:42
- 8Beethoven: Cello Sonata No. 3 in A Major, Op. 69: II. Scherzo (Allegro molto)05:16
- 9Beethoven: Cello Sonata No. 3 in A Major, Op. 69: III. Adagio cantabile - Allegro vivace08:38
- Robert Schumann (1810 - 1856): Kinderszenen, Op. 15:
- 10Schumann / Arr. Trinkaus: Kinderszenen, Op. 15: VII. Träumerei02:43
- Anton Rubinstein (1829 - 1894):
- 11Rubinstein / Arr. Popper: Melody in F Major, Op. 3 No. 102:47
- Franz Schubert (1797 - 1828):
- 12Schubert / Arr. Mun: An die Musik, D. 54702:18
- Robert Schumann: Myrthen, Op. 25:
- 13Schumann / Arr. Mun: Myrthen, Op. 25: No. 1 Widmung02:28
- 14Trad / Arr. Casals: Song of the Birds02:56
Info for Songs of the Cello
This debut album opens with cellist Taeguk Mun – winner of the 2014 Pablo Casals International Cello Competition and the 2016 János Starker Foundation Award – playing Bach’s Suite for Solo Cello No 1.
He is then joined by the pianist Chi Ho Han, another multi-award-winning musician from South Korea, for Beethoven’s Sonata for Cello and Piano in A Major and short pieces by Schumann, Schubert, Rubinstein and Pablo Casals.
Taeguk Mun, cello
was born in 1994 in South Korea. He has been the 1st prize winner of various competitions. Mun is currently studying at the New England Conservatory in Boston with Laurence Lesser. A total of 157 cellists from 38 countries and regions entered the competition, which was last held 10 years ago for cello. Ninety four cellists participated in the preliminary round of the completion, fifteen of them entered the semi-final, and seven of them entered the final.
He has been the first prize winner of various competitions, such as the Third Andre Navarra International Cello Competition and the International Competition for Young People in Oldenburg, Germany. He also won prizes at the Irving M. Klein International String Competition and the Sixth International Tchaikovsky Competition for Young Musicians. Mun has been playing solo and ensemble performances in Korea, France, Germany, and the United States. Mun has participated in the Busan Music Festival in 2014 as an artist and had a debut recital at the Louvre Museum in Paris, France in 2014 as a part of the young artist concert series. Having attended the Juilliard School Pre-College Division as a full scholarship student of Minhye Clara Kim, he is currently studying with Laurence Lesser at the New England Conservatory as a full scholarship student.