Guitar Recital Alejandro Córdova
- Manuel María Ponce (1882 - 1948): Sonatina meridional:
- 1Sonatina meridional: I. Campo04:45
- 2Sonatina meridional: II. Copla02:31
- 3Sonatina meridional: III. Fiesta02:21
- Johann Kaspar Mertz (1806 - 1856):
- Frederico Moreno Torroba (1891 - 1982): Guitar Sonatina in A Major:
- 5Guitar Sonatina in A Major: I. Allegretto04:02
- 6Guitar Sonatina in A Major: II. Andante04:03
- 7Guitar Sonatina in A Major: III. Allegro04:08
- Francisco Tárrega (1852 - 1909):
- 8Capricho árabe05:38
- Antonio José (1902 - 1936): Guitar Sonata:
- 9Guitar Sonata: I. Allegro moderato06:27
- 10Guitar Sonata: II. Minuetto02:58
- 11Guitar Sonata: III. Pavana triste. Lento05:11
- 12Guitar Sonata: IV. Final. Allegro con brio04:34
Info for Guitar Recital
Acclaimed soloist and First Prize winner at the 2017 Tarrega International Guitar Competition, Alejandro Cordova has chosen a programme that presents five acknowledged masterpieces of the guitar repertoire, while also paying tribute to the great Andres Segovia- an inspiration to composers such as Manuel Ponce, whose Sonatina meridional evokes the lyrical warmth of Iberia. Covering a wide range of techniques and expressive forms that reveal the guitar’s sheer versatility, the distinctive Spanish moods and rhythms of Torroba, Jose and Tarrega are further contrasted by Johann Kaspar Mertz’s deeply eloquent Elegie. Alejandro Cordova was born in Cordoba, Mexico. His unique style is based on his exceptional musicality and technical prowess. He began his studies with Jesus Pena before attending the Faculty of Music of the University of Veracruz where he was under the tutelage of Consuelo Bolio, Massimo Gatta and Alfredo Sanchez. He also studied at the Accademia di chitarra in Pordenone and the Conservatory of Music Jacopo Tomadini, Udine.
No albums found.
No biography found.