Weinberg, Tansman & A. Tchaikovsky: Trios Wajnberg Trio
- Mieczysław Weinberg (1919 - 1996): Piano Trio, Op. 24:
- 1Piano Trio, Op. 24: I. Prelude & Aria. Larghetto05:51
- 2Piano Trio, Op. 24: II. Toccata. Allegro03:55
- 3Piano Trio, Op. 24: III. Poem. Moderato09:15
- 4Piano Trio, Op. 24: IV. Finale. Allegro moderato09:46
- Alexandre Tansman (1897 - 1986): Piano Trio No. 2:
- 5Piano Trio No. 2: I. Introduction. Andante espressivo - Allegro deciso05:07
- 6Piano Trio No. 2: II. Scherzo. Allegro vivace03:08
- 7Piano Trio No. 2: III. Arioso. Adagio quasi largo06:07
- 8Piano Trio No. 2: IV. Finale. Allegro moderato ma ben ritmato04:19
- André Tchaikowsky (1935 - 1982): Trio notturno, Op. 6:
- 9Trio notturno, Op. 6: I. Allegro agitato ed impetuoso08:07
- 10Trio notturno, Op. 6: II. Andante tranquillo10:40
Info for Weinberg, Tansman & A. Tchaikovsky: Trios
The Wajnberg Trio consists of renowned chamber musicians who every day engage in artistic activities in many fields – the pianist Piotr Salajczyk, the violinist Szymon Krzeszowiec and the cellist Arkadiusz Dobrowolski. They share a fascination with the life and work of the outstanding Polish composer, Mieczyslaw Wajnberg, and the passion for performing chamber music. The Wajnberg Trio made its debut in 2016 during the 20th edition of the Tansman Festival in Lódz, and its repertoire is primarily the works of 20th century Polish composers. This album - containing works by three Polish émigré composers - is the first in the ensemble’s output.
a versatile pianist – active both as a soloist and chamber musician. Reviewers have praised him as a congenial partner (Muenstersche Zeitung), and his interpretations – as possessed of masterly dimension (“Pianiste”). He dedicates much time and effort to the most recent music, taking part in numerous world premiere performances of works by contemporary composers. He has performed with, among others, the Apollon Musagete Quartett, Piotr Pławner, Agata Zubel and the Silesian Quartet. He has played solo with the Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra, the Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra, the Polish Sinfonia Iuventus Orchestra, AUKSO, and Sinfonietta Cracovia. He has appeared at such festivals at home and abroad as the Warsaw Autumn, the Beijing Modern Music Festival, Musica Polonica Nova, Budapest Spring, Sommets Musicaux de Gstaad, Festiwal Musique et Neige, The Silesian Quartet and Its Guests, PRNSO’s Festival of World Premieres, and the Festival of Polish Piano Music in Słupsk.
Piotr Sałajczyk’s albums released under the DUX, CD Accord and Naxos labels have won many awards in Poland and abroad (the Maestro award of the “Pianiste” magazine, Supersonic Award of the “Pizzicato” magazine, 5 – top rank – of the “Diapason”, a Fryderyk nomination). He has also recorded for Polish Radio Channel Two, the Belgian radio station Musiq3, Deutschlandradio, and HR2.
Piotr Sałajczyk graduated in piano performance from the K. Szymanowski Academy of Music in Katowice after studies with Józef Stompel. He continued his studies with Pavel Gililov at the Salzburg Mozarteum. He has a prize winner in numerous competitions and has received scholarships from the Polish Ministry of Culture and National Heritage and the Polish Children’s Fund. At present he is a lecturer on the faculty of his alma mater and a pianist at Sommerakademie Salzburg.
In 2017 DUX released four-disc album with the first complete publication of Juliusz Zarębski’s piano works, some of which were recorded for the first time.