Lalo: Symphonie espagnole, Op. 21 & Cello Concerto (Remastered) Yan Pascal Tortelier, Paul Tortelier, City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra & Louis Frémaux
Label: Warner Classics
Artist: Yan Pascal Tortelier, Paul Tortelier, City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra & Louis Frémaux
Composer: Édouard Lalo (1823-1992)
Album including Album cover
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Édouard Lalo (1823 - 1892): Symphonie espagnole in D Minor, Op. 21:
- 1Lalo: Symphonie espagnole in D Minor, Op. 21: I. Allegro non troppo07:44
- 2Lalo: Symphonie espagnole in D Minor, Op. 21: II. Scherzando04:20
- 3Lalo: Symphonie espagnole in D Minor, Op. 21: III. Intermezzo. Allegretto non troppo06:20
- 4Lalo: Symphonie espagnole in D Minor, Op. 21: IV. Andante06:55
- 5Lalo: Symphonie espagnole in D Minor, Op. 21: V. Rondo. Allegro08:46
- Cello Concerto in D Minor:
- 6Lalo: Cello Concerto in D Minor: I. Prélude. Lento - Allegro maestoso13:48
- 7Lalo: Cello Concerto in D Minor: II. Intermezzo. Andantino con moto06:28
- 8Lalo: Cello Concerto in D Minor: III. Introduction. Andante - Allegro vivace07:31
Info for Lalo: Symphonie espagnole, Op. 21 & Cello Concerto (Remastered)
Édouard Lalo born in Lille. He studied initially at the Lille Conservatory and later studied violin at the Paris Conservatory with François Antoine Habeneck and composition privately with Joseph Crèvecoeur. At first, he made his musical living as a violinist and teacher but composing would become increasingly important. He composed in various genres and his opera "Le Roi d'Ys" holds a small place on the fringes of the repertoire as does his ballet "Namouna." However, he is most often represented by his various concertos for stringed instruments including his so-called "Symphonie Espagnole."
"..a first class Lalo D minor, quite equal to Navarra's, and superior conducting of Louis Frémaux and his Birmingham forces." (MusicWeb International)
Yan Pascal Tortelier, violin
Paul Tortelier, cello
City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
Louis Frémaux, conductor
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.