Debussy: Cello Sonata, L. 135 - Brahms: Clarinet Trio, Op. 114 Brian Thornton, Afendi Yusuf, Spencer Myer
- Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918): Cello Sonata, L. 135:
- 1Cello Sonata, L. 135: I. Prologue04:55
- 2Cello Sonata, L. 135: II. Sérénade03:33
- 3Cello Sonata, L. 135: III. Finale03:57
- Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897): Clarinet Trio in A Minor, Op. 114:
- 4Clarinet Trio in A Minor, Op. 114: I. Allegro07:41
- 5Clarinet Trio in A Minor, Op. 114: II. Adagio07:54
- 6Clarinet Trio in A Minor, Op. 114: III. Andantino grazioso04:23
- 7Clarinet Trio in A Minor, Op. 114: IV. Allegro04:53
Info for Debussy: Cello Sonata, L. 135 - Brahms: Clarinet Trio, Op. 114
Cellist Brian Thornton is joined by pianist Spencer Myer and clarinetist Afendi Yusuf in a program of chamber music on the Steinway & Sons label. An impeccable performance of Debussy’s striking Cello Sonata is followed by the lovely Clarinet Trio by Brahms. Brian Thornton is a multi-faceted musician who has touched the lives of thousands of people through musical outreach programs around the world. Mr. Thornton began playing the cello in the public school system of Chicago, giving him a passion for teaching young musicians and public school outreach programs. He has traveled all over the world influencing young musicians not only to play better cello, but to use music to positively affect the world around them. Gold Medalist of the 2008 New Orleans Piano Competition, Spencer Myer has been soloist with the Cleveland Orchestra, the Indianapolis Symphony, the Cape Town and Johannesburg Philharmonics, and Beijing’s China National Symphony Orchestra. His 2005 recital/orchestral tour of South Africa included a performance of the five piano concerto of Beethoven with the Chamber Orchestra of South Africa. Afendi Yusuf joined the Cleveland Orchestra as principal clarinet in the 2017-18 season. Born in Ethiopia, he has appeared as guest principal with a number of orchestras across the globe.
Brian Thornton, cello
Afendi Yusuf, clarinet
Spencer Myer, piano
No albums found.
No biography found.