Music That Tells a Story Symphonex Orchestra
- Peter Xifaras: Dreams in Bloom:
- 1Dreams in Bloom: The Encounter04:24
- 2Dreams in Bloom: Falling02:49
- 3Dreams in Bloom: Garden by the Sea01:59
- 4Dreams in Bloom: The Letter03:15
- 5Dreams in Bloom: The Quest02:50
- 6Dreams in Bloom: Reunion03:44
- Dinner With Friends:
- 7Dinner With Friends02:15
- Variations on a Theme of Tromboncino:
- 8Variations on a Theme of Tromboncino: Variation 103:49
- 9Variations on a Theme of Tromboncino: Variation 203:47
- 10Variations on a Theme of Tromboncino: Variation 304:00
- Gymnopédie Variations:
- 11Gymnopédie Variations: Variation Jaune02:29
- 12Gymnopédie Variations: Variation Blu04:31
- Hevene Quene:
- 13Hevene Quene: Introduction01:51
- 14Hevene Quene: Edi Beo Thu04:01
- Dreams in Bloom:
- 15Dreams in Bloom: Introduction (Story)01:53
- 16Dreams in Bloom: The Encounter (Story)02:41
- 17Dreams in Bloom: Falling (Story)03:06
- 18Dreams in Bloom: Garden by the Sea (Story)01:36
- 19Dreams in Bloom: The Letter (Story)03:16
- 20Dreams in Bloom: The Quest (Story)02:35
- 21Dreams in Bloom: Reunion (Story)03:52
Info for Music That Tells a Story
Peter Xifaras, the creative force behind the Symphonex Orchestra®, is an award winning guitarist/composer whose music has topped the Billboard charts reaching fans around the world. Whether playing in smoke filled rock clubs, performing in classical concert halls, or creating genre-bending music in the studio, Peter's versatility is on full display with every project.
Music That Tells A Story is a unique album. It is a mixture of neo- symphonic, contemporary, and cinematic impressions. Master guitarist and composer Peter Xifaras leads the Symphonex Orchestra into a world where time is suspended and the license of imagination abounds freely. This is a double album containing 27 tracks of moody, joyful, and mesmerizing music that grabs you and immerses you into a tale told by the imaginings of a thousand writers, both old and new. Every twist and turn, every mystery, every happy and not-so-happy ending from your favorite book is transformed into notes of fantasy and illusion. Maybe even dreams. Disc 1 contains mostly instrumentals, but also some sublime vocals featuring Felicia Farerre. The 2nd album has spoken word prose and poetry over Xifaras’ musical stories.
“He combines delicate single-note melodies with harmonics, and intersperses chords with quick, melodic classical runs that fit together with tremendous cohesion.” (Guitar Player Magazine)
“Peter Xifaras treats us to a wonderful collection of works with familiar classical themes that serve as points of departure as he explores delightfully original variations.” (Fingerstyle Guitar Magazine)
“Style-wise you will find music from neo-classical to renaissance...all played with heart born of love and talent. Peter's guitar and keyboard playing is technically expert and musically superb." (Metaphysical Reviews, Richard Fuller)
“A variety of instrumentation and styles makes Peter’s music an innovative ambient adventure into a richly textured musical world as all forms of music, from Flamenco to Classical effortlessly glide across the sound stage.” (20th Century Guitar Magazine)
Peter Xifaras has created an exciting and fascinating work of musical art with Music That Tells a Story! Highly recommended!
the creative force behind the Symphonex Orchestra® and Recording Academy/Grammys member, is an award winning guitarist/composer whose music has topped the Billboard charts reaching fans around the world. Whether playing in smoke filled rock clubs, performing in classical concert halls, or creating genre-bending music in the studio, Peter's versatility is on full display with every project.
Peter's body of work ranges from classical to contemporary and has garnered praise for successfully crossing over musical boundaries in publications such as Guitar Player Magazine, FingerStyle Guitar, and 20th Century Guitar. The symphonic album, 'Music That Tells a Story', includes extraordinary guest artist performances with the Symphonex Orchestra in a wide range of musical styles.
This album contains no booklet.