Jean-Louis Duport: Concertos pour violoncelle Raphaël Pidoux, Stradivaria & Daniel Cuiller
- Jean-Pierre Duport (1749 - 1819): Cello Concerto No. 4 in E Minor:
- 1Cello Concerto No. 4 in E Minor: I. Allegro moderato09:30
- 2Cello Concerto No. 4 in E Minor: II. Romance04:26
- 3Cello Concerto No. 4 in E Minor: III. Rondeau07:59
- Cello Concerto No. 1 in A Major, Op. 1:
- 4Cello Concerto No. 1 in A Major, Op. 1: I. Allegro maestoso08:21
- 5Cello Concerto No. 1 in A Major, Op. 1: II. Romance. Adagio02:54
- 6Cello Concerto No. 1 in A Major, Op. 1: III. Rondeau09:20
- Cello Concerto No. 5 in D Major:
- 7Cello Concerto No. 5 in D Major: I. Allegro12:01
- 8Cello Concerto No. 5 in D Major: II. Adagio. Cantabile01:53
- 9Cello Concerto No. 5 in D Major: III. Rondeau08:09
Info for Jean-Louis Duport: Concertos pour violoncelle
At the very dawn of the Romantic Era, a dandy called Duport gave the French cello school a number of virtuoso cello concertos brimming with charm and elegance. The vivid dialogue between Raphaël Pidoux and Stradivaria in these recordings on period instruments invites us to discover a galant world at the height of Classicism.
Jean-Louis Duport (1749-1819), well-known among budding cellists, was the forerunner of the French cello school teaching at the Paris Conservatoire, playing on a Stradivarius which will then belong to Rostropovich. He met Napoleon, Beethoven and was the favorite of patrons of the time in all European courts. He has written 6 cello concertos in post-Baroque gallant style.
Unfairly forgotten – only two had been recorded by Frédéric Lodeon in 1985, they have been recently recorded by Raphaël Pidoux and Stradivaria. The disc will be released under the label Mirare in April 2018, and be distributed by Harmonia Mundi. Raphael Pidoux, member of the trio Wanderer, with a very active international career, professor at National Conservatory of Music of Paris, plays very regularly with the ensemble Stradivaria directed by Daniel Cuiller.
Raphaël Pidoux, cello
No albums found.
No biography found.