Anima Sacra Jakub Józef Orlinski
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Nicola Fago (1677 - 1745): Il Faraone sommerso:
- 1Fago: Il Faraone sommerso: "Alla gente a Dio diletta"04:45
- Confitebor tibi Domine:
- 2Fago: Confitebor tibi Domine: I. "Confitebor tibi Domine"03:11
- 3Fago: Confitebor tibi Domine: II. "Memoriam fecit - Escam dedit"04:45
- 4Fago: Confitebor tibi Domine: III. "Fidelia omnia mandata ejus"02:46
- 5Fago: Confitebor tibi Domine: IV. "Sanctum et terribile"02:10
- 6Fago: Confitebor tibi Domine: V. "Initium sapentiae timor Domini"01:18
- 7Fago: Confitebor tibi Domine: VI. "Intellectus bonus omnibus - Gloria"01:33
- 8Fago: Confitebor tibi Domine: VII. "Sicut erat in principio - Amen"02:09
- Johann David Heinichen (1683 - 1729): Alma Redemptoris Mater, S. 22:
- 9Heinichen: Alma Redemptoris Mater, S. 22: I. "Alma Redemptoris Mater"02:56
- 10Heinichen: Alma Redemptoris Mater, S. 22: II. "Tu quae genuisti"01:05
- 11Heinichen: Alma Redemptoris Mater, S. 22: III. "Gabrielis ab ore"02:14
- Domènec Terradellas (1711 - 1751): Dixit Dominus:
- 12Terradellas: Dixit Dominus: "Donec ponam"03:19
- Nicola Fago: Tam non splendet sol creatus:
- 13Fago: Tam non splendet sol creatus: I. "Tam non splendet sol creatus"03:37
- 14Fago: Tam non splendet sol creatus: II. "O nox clara?"00:59
- 15Fago: Tam non splendet sol creatus: III. "Dum infans iam dormit"05:39
- 16Fago: Tam non splendet sol creatus: IV. "Alleluia"01:52
- Domenico Sarro (1679 - 1744): Messa a 5 voci:
- 17Sarro: Messa a 5 voci: "Laudamus te"03:28
- Francesco Feo (1691 - 1761): Dies irae:
- 18Feo: Dies irae: "Juste Judex ultionis"01:41
- Jan Dismas Zelenka (1679 - 1745): Gesù al Calvario, ZWV 62:
- 19Zelenka: Gesù al Calvario, ZWV 62: "Smanie di dolci affetti ... "00:43
- 20Zelenka: Gesù al Calvario, ZWV 62: "S'una sol lagrima"11:05
- Johann Adolf Hasse (1699 - 1783): Sanctus Petrus et Sancta Maria Magdalena:
- 21Hasse: Sanctus Petrus et Sancta Maria Magdalena: "Mea tormenta, properate!"06:48
- Gaetano Maria Schiassi (1698 - 1754): Maria Vergine al Calvario:
- 22Schiassi: Maria Vergine al Calvario: "L'agnelletta timidetta"05:30
- Francesco Durante (1684 - 1755): Messa a 5 voci:
- 23Durante: Messa a 5 voci: "Domine Fili unigenite"01:53
Info for Anima Sacra
The debut album from countertenor Jakub Józef Orliński – born in Warsaw, trained at New York’s Juilliard School, and 2016 winner of the Metropolitan Opera's prestigious National Council Auditions – Anima sacra features what are believed to be world premiere recordings of eight Baroque arias, notably by composers of the Neapolitan school. Orliński is partnered by Il pomo d’oro conducted by Maxim Emelyanychev.
This release, Anima sacra, marks a number of firsts. It is the debut album from countertenor Jakub Józef Orliński – born in Poland, trained at the renowned Juilliard School in New York and winner in 2016 of the Metropolitan Opera's prestigious National Council Auditions. It also features what are believed to be world premiere recordings of eight Baroque arias, notably by composers of the Neapolitan school.
“Baroque style is about freedom and passion,” says Orliński. “There are lots of rules of style to follow, but there are also so many choices to make, starting with ornamentation that you can do in so many different ways. With those ornaments, you can show your creativity, but also get even deeper into the piece and show your artistic persona. It can all be filtered by your own life experiences, which will inspire your choices.”
Warsaw-born Orliński, who has been praised by the New York Times for combining “beauty of tone and an uncommon unity of colour and polish across his range”, comes from a family in which, as he says, “almost everyone is a painter, architect, graphic designer or sculptor”. He began singing in choirs and became a particular fan of the British male vocal ensemble The King’s Singers, which, significantly, has always featured two countertenors. Before completing his studies at Juilliard, he took a Master’s degree in Vocal Performance at Warsaw’s Fryderyk Chopin University of Musicand became a member of the young artists’ programme of the Polish National Opera.
Jakub Józef Orliński, countertenor
Il pomo d’oro
Maxim Emelyanychev, conductor
No albums found.
No biography found.