Impressions / Ravel, Debussy, Sluka: Works for Oboe and Harp Kateřina Englichová & Vilém Veverka
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Maurice Ravel (1875 - 1937): Le tombeau de Couperin:
- 1Le tombeau de Couperin: I. Prélude - Vif03:18
- 2Le tombeau de Couperin: II. Forlane - Allegretto05:56
- 3Le tombeau de Couperin: III. Rigaudon - Assez vif03:19
- 4Le tombeau de Couperin: IV. Menuet - Allegro moderato04:23
- 5Le tombeau de Couperin: V. Toccata - Vif04:25
- Luboš Sluka (b.1928):
- 6Gabbione per due ussignuoli04:31
- Maurice Ravel:
- 7Pieces en forme de Habanera02:47
- Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918):
- 9Deux arabesques: I. Allegretto scherzando04:17
- 10Suite bergamasque: I. Menuet04:50
- 11Suite bergamasque: II. Prélude04:28
- Luboš Sluka:
- 12Primavera: I. Lento02:08
- 13Primavera: II. Allegro05:53
- Maurice Ravel:
- 14Pavane pour une infante défunte05:31
Info for Impressions / Ravel, Debussy, Sluka: Works for Oboe and Harp
On their previous Supraphon recordings (SU 4185 - Musica per arpa, SU 4188 - Vivaldi, Telemann, Bach, SU 4121 - Telemann, Britten ad.), harpist Kateřina Englichová and oboist Vilém Veverka sufficiently proved their outstanding performance qualities as well as informed interest in such mutually remote music worlds as the Baroque and the 20th century modernism. The present recording - their first made in dues - reflects more than twelve years of their performing together in concerts. The not-so-common combination of oboe and harp provides an endless scale of timbres and the resulting impression is marked both by frailness and confident virtuosity. Ravel's Le Tombeau de Couperin is the crucial piece on the album and represents the composer's memories of his friends lost in the First World War. Little musical gems written by Ravel and Debussy resound here in sensitive arrangements which have enriched the compositions by new timbre qualities. Primavera composed by Luboš Sluka was composed explicitly for the Englichová - Veverka duo and appears here in premiere recording.
The musical world of Kateřina Englichová and Vilém Veverka: entrancing timbre scales, frailness and virtuosity
“The playing is exceptional – there is strong evidence is of interpretative sympathy between the two instrumentalists. The recording quality is very clear and uncluttered.” (MusicWeb International)
Kateřina Englichová, harp
Vilém Veverka, oboe
No albums found.
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.