Ferdinand Rebay: Violin and guitar Sonatas - Viola and guitar Sonata Pedro Mateo González
- Ferdinand Rebay (1880-1953): Sonata in E minor for Violin and guitar
- 1I. Allegro ma non troppo06:44
- 2II. Variationen über ein kärntner Volkslied04:23
- 3III. Menuetto04:49
- 4IV. Rondo (Finale)07:06
- Sonata in C minor for Violin and guitar
- 5I. Mässiges Marschtempo05:42
- 6II. Variationen über: “Und der Hans schleicht umher”06:48
- 7III. Scherzo03:42
- 8IV. Ein fröhliches “perpetuum mobile” in Weber’s Manier04:13
- Sonata in D minor for Viola and guitar
- 9I. Sehr mässig bewegt06:43
- 10II. Sehr ruhig und zart05:11
- 11III. Scherzo05:18
- 12IV. Rondo05:40
Info for Ferdinand Rebay: Violin and guitar Sonatas - Viola and guitar Sonata
This amazing release presents three first recordings, offering the opportunity to hear one of the most exciting rediscoveries in guitar music: the Austrian composer Ferdinand Rebay (1880-1953). Rebay’s style is highly sophisticated, indebted to a tradition that goes back to Schubert, Brahms and Wagner, and he stands out for having established his own unique style, melding folk music and the Austro-German compositional tradition to create works of great lyricism, maturity and organic unity, like the three sonatas included here, which establish refined and rounded dialogues in which the guitar shrugs off its usual role as mere accompanist and shares the limelight on equal terms with the other instrument.
Pedro Mateo González, guitar
Joaquín Riquelme, violin
José M. Álvarez Losada, violin
No albums found.
No biography found.