Russian Songs Margarita Gritskova & Maria Prinz
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840 - 1893):
- 1I Should Like in a Single Word, TH 100/101:46
- 6 Romances, Op. 38, TH 101:
- 26 Romances, Op. 38, TH 101: No. 2, It Was in the Early Spring02:45
- 7 Romances, Op. 47, TH 103:
- 37 Romances, Op. 47, TH 103: No. 7, Was I Not a Little Blade of Grass in the Meadow?05:18
- 6 Romances, Op. 16, TH 95:
- 46 Romances, Op. 16, TH 95: No. 1, Cradle Song04:27
- 6 Romances, Op. 38, TH 101:
- 56 Romances, Op. 38, TH 101: No. 3, Amid the Din of the Ball01:49
- 7 Romances, Op. 47, TH 103:
- 67 Romances, Op. 47, TH 103: No. 1, If Only I Had Known04:36
- 6 Romances, Op. 6, TH 93:
- 76 Romances, Op. 6, TH 93: No. 6, None but the Lonely Heart02:37
- 86 Romances, Op. 6, TH 93: No. 2, Not a Word, O My Friend02:41
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky:
- 9My Genius, My Angel, My Friend, TH 8902:01
- Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov (1844 - 1908): In Spring, Op. 43:
- 10In Spring, Op. 43: No. 2, Not the Wind, Blowing from the Heights01:49
- 4 Romances, Op. 42:
- 114 Romances, Op. 42: No. 3, The Clouds Begin to Scatter03:21
- 4 Romances, Op. 39:
- 124 Romances, Op. 39: No. 2, The West Dies Out in the Distant Pallid Rose02:40
- 4 Romances, Op. 2:
- 134 Romances, Op. 2: No. 2, Eastern Song (The Nightingale Enslaved by the Rose)03:10
- 4 Romances, Op. 3:
- 144 Romances, Op. 3: No. 4, On the Hills of Georgia02:02
- Sergei Rachmaninoff (1873 - 1943): 12 Romances, Op. 14:
- 1512 Romances, Op. 14: No. 1, I Wait for Thee01:37
- 6 Romances, Op. 8:
- 166 Romances, Op. 8: No. 4, I Have Grown Fond of Sorrow02:16
- 6 Romances, Op. 4:
- 176 Romances, Op. 4: No. 4, Do Not Sing, My Beauty04:41
- 12 Romances, Op. 21:
- 1812 Romances, Op. 21: No. 7, How Fair This Spot01:44
- 14 Romances, Op. 34:
- 1914 Romances, Op. 34: No. 14, Vocalise05:20
- 12 Romances, Op. 14:
- 2012 Romances, Op. 14: No. 11, Spring Waters02:09
Info for Russian Songs
The songs on this album are not as well known as other works by these three composers, but this more intimate form of expression often goes straight to the heart and soul of their work. Tchaikovsky wrote songs throughout his life, and it is easy to find autobiographical parallels in his chosen themes of love and longing. Rimsky-Korsakov’s songs are characterized by tender lyricism, while Rachmaninov’s wordless Vocalise has become one of his most famous melodies. Margarita Gritskova was born in 1987 in St. Petersburg. She is a prizewinner of the Luciano Pavarotti Competition in Modena, and the Concurso Internacional de Canto ‘Villa de Colmenar Viejo’ in 2010. She has performed in Carmen under the direction of Mariss Jansons in St. Petersburg, and appeared at world renowned festivals across the globe.
Margarita Gritskova, mezzo-soprano
Maria Prinz, piano
was born in St. Petersburg. During her piano and vocal studies (teacher Sakharova N.M. and Nelly Lee) in School of Arts n.a. V.A.Gavrilin she was already many times a laureate of Committee for Culture. After finishing School of Arts with distinction, she started her vocal studies at St. Petersburg State Conservatory with prof I.P.Bogacheva. She graduated again with distinction.
The young singer has been laureated at several International Competitions, among others: 2001 -1st prize award winner of Second Open regional festival-contest of music n.a. S.V.Rachmaninoff. 2003 - Grand Prix of Second Open contest n.a. A.G.Rubinstein. 2004 - laureate of international contest "The Satellite of Talents" - the Star of corresponding member of the Soviet Academy of Sciences D.S.Likhachov.
2006 - laureate of 3rd Open All-Russian contest of vocal-piano duets "Three centuries of classical romance" 2007 - laureate of 3rd Open All-Russian contest of opera artists "Saint Petersburg" 2007 - award winner of Youth award of St. Petersburg in culture and arts. 2008 - winner of "The youngest talent" on International contest n.a. Luciano Pavarotti in Modena. 2009 -First prize winner and winner of "the youngest contestant" on 4th International contest in IV Concurso Internacional de Canto Villa de Colmenar, Spain. 2010- Finalist at OPERALIA international vocal competition 2008 Margarita Gritskova performed Bizets Carmen in concert under the direction of maestro Maris Jansons in St.Petersburg Conservatory Theatre of opera and ballet.
In concert repertoire Margarita Gritskova has a fruitfully cooperation with José Carreras performing in Vienna, Moscow, St. Petersburg and Bruckner Concert Hall Linz, Austria. The singer has performed as well Rossinis Stabat Mater under the baton of Maestro Orozco Estrada, and debuted at Wiener Musikverein with a solo recital, among others. 2009 she has performed the Page in an opera "Salome" under Maestro Oleg caetani on Festival de Ópera de Tenerife. other projects include Cherubino at Summer festival St Moritz and the mezzo part in Rossinis Stabat Mater under the baton of Maestro Giorgio Morandi. 2009/11 Margarita Gritskova was soloist member at the Nationaltheater Weimar, where she has performed, among others, the parts of Cherubino, Flora, Maddalena, Ottone, Bradamante, Marthe, Carmen and Olga. 2011 the singer was invited as guest at Opera de Quebec to perform the part of Olga in Onegin.
Since 2012 Margarita Gritskova is soloist member at the Vienna State Opera, where she has performed among others the parts of Tebaldo in Don Carlo, Fjodor, in Boris Godunov, 2 Dame in Zauberflöte, Dryade in Ariadne auf Naxos, Blumenmädchen in Parsifal, Zemina in Die Feen, Bersi in Andrea Chenier, Mercedes in Carmen, Magd in Elektra, Cherubino in Nozze di Figaro, Tisbe in Cenerentola, Rosina in Barbiere di Siviglia. During the season 2013/2014 Margarita Gritskova performed in Vienna again among others the parts of Rosina and Cherubino and to debut as Dorabella in Così fan tutte, Angelina in Cenerentola. 2014/2015 the singer had her debut as Idamante in the Idomeneo new production as well as Smeton in Anna Bolenna together with Anna Netrebko at the Vienna State Opera. Further Projects included her participation at the Deutsche AIDS Stiftung Gala concert at the Deutsche Oper am Rhein, her debut at the Salzburger Festspiele as Cherubino among others. In 2015 she debuted at the Opera in Lyon as Idamante and at the summer Festival Schleswig Holstein, managed by Christoph Eschenbach, where she sang Olga from Eugen Onegin.
2015-2016 performed among others the parts of Dorabella, Sesto, Angelina, Rosina, Krista (Makropulos new production) Mascha (Tri Sestri new production conducted by composer Peter Eötvös). She returned to Salzburger Festspiele as Cherubino and as Sigismondo at Rossini Wildbad Festival. Furthermore she debuted at Budapest Palace of Arts as Idamante in Idomeneo concert version.
2016-2017 she has debuted at the Oper Köln with Fulvio in Catone in Utica and performed at Semperoper Opernball. At Vienna State Opera performed the parts of Bradamante, Isabella and Maddalena. In Klosterneuburg Summer sung Isolier in Le Comte Ory.
Future projects include debut at Opernhaus Zürich as Ramiro in La Finta Giardiniera and Anna in David McVicar new production Les Troyens at Vienna State Opera as well as Rosina among others.
2018 debuted as Carmen at Vienna State Opera, sung Rosina as well and debuted as Sesto in Valencia Les Arts, among others.