Cavalli: Missa 1660 Galilei Consort & Benjamin Chénier
- Francesco Cavalli (1602 - 1676):
- 3Kyrie (Musiche Sacre, 1656)05:28
- 4Gloria (Musiche Sacre, 1656)14:34
- 5O Bone Jesu (Sacra Corona, 1656)05:00
- 6Credo (Musiche Sacre, 1656)13:23
- 7Canzona (Musiche Sacre, 1656)04:07
- 8Sanctus (Musiche Sacre, 1656)03:36
- 9Elevatio (Anonyme)05:20
- 10Agnus Dei (Musiche Sacre, 1656)04:22
- 11Plaudite, Cantate (Sacra Corona, 1656)03:50
- 12Fanfare II01:09
- 13Laudate Jerusalem Dominum (Vesperi, 1675)03:29
Info for Cavalli: Missa 1660
Mazarin managed to sign the Treaty of Paris which validates the future Peace of the Pyrenees, and therefore the marriage of Louis XIV with the Infanta of Spain in 1660. In the context of these celebrations, the French ambassador in Venice commissions a mass from Cavalli, the greatest composer of his time. He thus composed this sumptuous Missa, performed in January 1660 in the Basilica of San Giovanni e Paulo and brought together the best voices and most famous musicians around viols, violins, cornets and trumpets in a spatialisation in the Venetian manner. In this recording, Benjamin Chénier takes on this chef d'oeuvre which celebrates France and Louis XIV with brilliant soloists and a strategy of spatialisation in the Royal Chapel which recreates the splendid sound of 1660.
Benjamin Chénier, violin, direction
No albums found.
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.