The King of Instruments - A Voice Reborn Stephen Cleobury
- Simon Preston (1938):
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750):
- 2Wir gläuben all an einen Gott, BWV 680: Wir glauben all an einen Gott, BWV 68003:33
- 3Christ, unser Herr, zum Jordan kam, BWV 68404:34
- 4Kyrie, Gott heiliger Geist, BWV 67104:16
- Felix Mendelssohn (1809 - 1847): Organ Sonata in F Minor, Op. 65, No. 1, MWV W56:
- 5I. Allegro moderato e serioso05:27
- 6II. Adagio03:01
- 7III. Andante02:50
- 8IV. Allegro assai vivace03:46
- Harvey Grace (1874 - 1944):
- César Franck (1822 - 1890):
- 103 Pièces pour grand orgue: 3 Pieces for Organ: No. 3. Pièce héroïque in B Minor, M. 3708:52
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750): Das Orgelbüchlein:
- 11In dir ist Freude, BWV 61502:42
- 12O Mensch, bewein dein Sunde gross, BWV 62205:13
- 13Heut triumphieret Gottes Sohn, BWV 63001:26
- George C. Baker (1951):
- 14Procession Royale04:11
Info for The King of Instruments - A Voice Reborn
The Harrison & Harrison organ in King’s College Chapel is, like the College Choir, famous the world over. The organ case with gilded pipework, which surmounts the 16th century screen, is a striking feature of nearly every depiction of the interior of the Chapel, while the instantly recognizable sounds of the instrument have become inextricably associated with those of the Choir.
In January 2016, the instrument – including its 4,300 pipes – was removed from King’s College Chapel for the most significant restoration since the 1960s. Just nine months later, the project was completed, with the famous organ secured for future generations.
Recorded just a few months after the restored organ was heard in public once more, this album celebrates a voice reborn, with a varied programme of music that shows off this magnificent instrument at its very best.
Unusually for such a busy conductor, Stephen Cleobury has remained active as an organist. A former president of the Royal College of Organists, he gives regular performances in the weekly recitals at the King’s Chapel, while his recordings have been championed for their virtuosity and musical insight.
Stephen Cleobury, organ
No albums found.
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.